TUNING KENNE BELL SUPERCHARGER KITS

WARNING: There is a “tuner” by the name of Nelson is using our Kenne Bell label for their “Signature”, then pastes their name and another warning over our label. Please be aware that Nelson is not an authorized Kenne Bell Distributor or affiliated in any way with Kenne Bell. They are a vendor with their own agenda which is to sell their “tuning”. That is, of course, Nelson’s right, however, Kenne Bell does not recommend Nelson or any other “tuner” recalibrate a Kenne Bell supercharger kit. Our main concern is they may be making changes to your vehicle’s computer that can cause damage to the engine, transmission or supercharger. This has happened before.

If any of our customers have an issue with our supercharger kit, call us, email us or fax us direct, or send us a PM.

We are totally familiar with the GM computer and quite frankly don’t want “tuners” inexperienced with the Kenne Bell supercharger calibration “tinkering and doodling” with our program. That is why we “lock” the PCM upon flashing it - to keep them out. Re-tuning of the Kenne Bell supercharger kit can create some serious problems for the customer in addition to voiding the supercharger warranty. Please be aware that just because someone has software to reprogram a PCM, does NOT make them a tuner, or capable of engineering a complete supercharger calibration for the engine and transmission.

Again, any issues or concerns can be addressed to us directly. We do not charge for support of our products.

Don’t gamble on voiding your supercharger warranty by altering the kit in any way!

Thank you.

Kenne Bell

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:nono: this thread should be deleted.

We are sorry you feel that our thread should be deleted. Why?

We are not attempting to sell any products here, we are merely providing some sound advice to the members who may already be Kenne Bell customers.

We truly believe this information is valuable and something the members would like to be aware of.

Thank you.

Kenne Bell

I just find it strange that your first post is a flame on someone who is well liked on this and other boards. If you have a problem with Nelson then maybe you should have contacted him first and attempted to work out your differences. This is what one would expect from a company that is known for poor customer service and if you were to deny that I am sure there will be some post about the lack of customer service @ Kenne Bell.

My point being, you could have handled this a little better than taking it to the message boards.

Thanks for your input :sick: It's sad to think that you believe nobody can tune for Kenne Bell other than your company. Shouldn't you be working on something like making an intercooler for it? That way it may be put down the hp you claim.

If the Kenne bell tune is as bad as the Radix they should be asking nelson performance for some help with there tunning. My nelson tunning is 100% better than the Radix. Kenne Bell needs to go somewhere else to post that junk :thumbs: .

WARNING - No one should buy a non-intercooled Kenne Bell supercharger.

How can this Nelson tuner "recalibrate" the Kenne Belle tune if you have the PCM locked? He can't, and if he did, then its not truly locked, is it?

If Nelson took the PCM and reinstalled the factory program, then made adjustments to the PCM, then its not a Kenne Bell "kit" anymore. Its just a KB blower with a Nelson tune. :)

Fact is, no mail order tune can be exactly what the end user wants or needs. I'm sure the KB tune was setup for fair performance, but on the "safe" side. Just like the Magna tunes or the stupid whipple computer add-on. If someone wants to run a hotter tune, great. That probably voids the KB warranty (and GMs if they knew), but thats the end users decision.

I do understand that KB would get pissy upon seeing their warning logo stamped in big letters with "nelson was here".

This didn't do anything but cost KB business, I've been telling everybody how great my SS is with the KB. And everyone here knows that a custom tune is going to be better than a generic. If you don't than you're kidding yourself, And Yes, we know it'll void the warranty, I don't remember caring about warranties, If I did I wouldn't have put a a S/C on a truck with 500 miles on it. Nelson Performance didn't solicite business from me, I went to him.

Nothing bad was ever said about KB or KB Tuning on this site, that I know of, and there are only two of us with KB's on here.

BTW, the "tuned by Nelson" sticker is mine. :sick:

I've ridden in both Kenne Bell trucks and Radix trucks and they both improve greatly with the tuning.( Though the shift kits don't hurt! :lol: )

Maybe Kenne Bell can't handle the idea that somebody else is improving their product. Way to go Allen!

WARNING - No one should buy a non-intercooled Kenne Bell supercharger.

How can this Nelson tuner "recalibrate" the Kenne Belle tune if you have the PCM locked? He can't, and if he did, then its not truly locked, is it?

If Nelson took the PCM and reinstalled the factory program, then made adjustments to the PCM, then its not a Kenne Bell "kit" anymore. Its just a KB blower with a Nelson tune. :)

Fact is, no mail order tune can be exactly what the end user wants or needs. I'm sure the KB tune was setup for fair performance, but on the "safe" side. Just like the Magna tunes or the stupid whipple computer add-on. If someone wants to run a hotter tune, great. That probably voids the KB warranty (and GMs if they knew), but thats the end users decision.

I do understand that KB would get pissy upon seeing their warning logo stamped in big letters with "nelson was here".

Nice! :cheers:

Archived