My Update!

I'm currently sitting in my barracks room in Okinawa, Japan. I'm on Camp Hansen which is a small Marine Corps base here in Okinawa. I got here in January and a week later I was off to the ship. We spent roughly two weeks out at sea, and then we spent two weeks in the Philippines. The Philippines was nice to visit, but it was very hot. We spent the two weeks working with the Philippine Marines. We trained them in tactics, weapons handling and emplacement, nothing out of the ordinary. Some of engineers spent their time rebuilding a schoolhouse that burned down. It was the normal goodwill mission for them. So, I get back here to Camp Hansen and my wife tells me that our offer on a house there in Oceaside, CA has been accepted and we should close on the house in roughly 17 days. Thats great news for the two of us. I didn't want to go back to a small two bedroom townhouse. I am stoked about this house. The link is below for the pictures. Its a 3 BR, 2 1/2 Bath, 1,730 SQ. FT. house with a 3 car garage. Now I'm going to have room to work on my 82 Chevy. :cheers: I will have access to the internet for a few weeks before I leave for another exercise. I see that I have a lot of reading to do before I catch up on whats been going on around here. That about wraps up my update up for now. I'm off to read the forums again. Later

Adrian

My house!

I put the pics in the video and photography section.

Edited by Marine_SGT (see edit history)

Howdy Adrian! Glad to hear you are okay overseas. Congrats on the house, that must be the thrill of a lifetime, it's a beautiful house. :cheers: Have you taken any pics over in Okinawa/Philippines? Can you post some pics from half way across the globe if at all possible?

God bless and thank you for everything you do for us. And do stay in touch and keep us updated. :flag:

Dan :chevy:

Congrats on the house. Looks like a nice place. :thumbs: I had a couple of friends that were in the part of the world in the navy back in the late 80s early 90s. They both liked it over there when they were able to get away. I've heard Japan is really cool. Glad to see you're doing well.

Have fun over there, I was there from jun to dec. I was mainly at kadena airbase. Lots of fun things and nice bars there. Stay safe and try some habu Sake if you can. But beware dont do more that 3. Trust me on that. Its hurts the next day.

Thanks everyone. I will post up some pictures when I download them.

Have fun over there, I was there from jun to dec. I was mainly at kadena airbase. Lots of fun things and nice bars there. Stay safe and try some habu Sake if you can. But beware dont do more that 3. Trust me on that. Its hurts the next day.

I wish I would have had your warning about the Habu Sake a few days earlier. We went out to the Anchor Inn and I had 5 of them. Damn, I was hurting the next day.

Thanks everyone. I will post up some pictures when I download them.

I wish I would have had your warning about the Habu Sake a few days earlier. We went out to the Anchor Inn and I had 5 of them. Damn, I was hurting the next day.

I know how bad they hurt. I got a bottle back here with me and share it with some buddies on special ociasions. 2-3 shots and ur still hurting... Also try it mixed with green tea. Taste real good.

Also if you get near Kadena airbase try out Yoshi Hachi restraunt and get some blow fish. Best Sushi I had. Heres a link about his place http://www.japanupdate.com/?id=4345

Edited by ItsJac (see edit history)