2008 Silverado Ss

zippy

I think it was an LTZ, but we just got one in at my father's dealership (red) with the chrome appearance package, which came with the body front colored bumper and grille. The chrome was the grille, mirror caps. It looked pretty good. Just noticed that you ordered/painted the front end when now you can order them like that.

I would agree with Mr.P, the Vortec Max or even VHO decals would look better than the "SS" ones you have on there. I just don't think they look good. I'm not crazy about the wheels either, I think GM Accessory wheels would have looked better. Only because the Tahoe/Sub wheels aren't really that shiny and look cheap after a few months since they are cleared.

I like it though!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the GMACC grill really makes those things look better. truck looks pretty good. but i am, and will never be, a fan of fake badging.

i hate when people come in and buy Z06 emblems for their C6.... cause 90% of the world are totally uneducated about vehicles and will be telling all their friends about their new SS silverado NBS. i have a customer who went all the way to NC to buy one, exactly like that but with a billet grill and OE surround. tahoe wheels, etc etc. he is convinced its an SS, and the dealer told him it has 450hp. i ran his VIN at work, build code has the truck with a 4.8 liter, LS trim, and much worse. yet he still doesnt believe me that its fake. so i ran him in a stock 08 VHO. he got innihilated, but claimed it was an unfair race. so i did it over and over, and he kept getting crushed (obviously). hell, my tahoe 5.3 DOD with 3.42s and 130 lb tires/wheels outruns him :lol:

Edited by kelleyperformance (see edit history)

the GMACC grill really makes those things look better. truck looks pretty good. but i am, and will never be, a fan of fake badging.

i hate when people come in and buy Z06 emblems for their C6.... cause 90% of the world are totally uneducated about vehicles and will be telling all their friends about their new SS silverado NBS. i have a customer who went all the way to NC to buy one, exactly like that but with a billet grill and OE surround. tahoe wheels, etc etc. he is convinced its an SS, and the dealer told him it has 450hp. i ran his VIN at work, build code has the truck with a 4.8 liter, LS trim, and much worse. yet he still doesnt believe me that its fake. so i ran him in a stock 08 VHO. he got innihilated, but claimed it was an unfair race. so i did it over and over, and he kept getting crushed (obviously). hell, my tahoe 5.3 DOD with 3.42s and 130 lb tires/wheels outruns him :lol:

now thats just wrong. . . . . :lol::lol:

Glad I am not the only one..... Posers<

I understand that with new you need to keep the truck "true" but a lowered suspension package, blacked out rear bumper/roll pan, "silverado" delete on the tailgate, and (without a cladding possibility) a minor ground effects between the wheels might work.

the SS emblems do hurt though...

The SS emblems started off as an idea because I had a set of them in the parts department that had been there for over a year. I figured I'd put them on and see how I thought they looked. Since GM doesn't make an SSS in 08' it's not a big deal to me. It's not like I'm trying to fake it off as a real SSS since their isn't a real 08' SSS and that will be pointed out to who ever buys it. This truck isn't an LTZ so it didn't have the painted front bumper already and I hate the chrome grille's. The Tahoe/Suburban wheels were only chosen because we had an extra set around. I'd rather have put on some of the chrome GM Acessories wheels.

It looks really nice, I think it would look better if the tailgate was unbadged left with the SS emblem and also if it was dropped.

:withstupid: Another good idea.

I completely agree with your warranty concerns, totally understandable. I just have an "aftermarket" kinda mindset :D And yeah, that's a nice truck, with that drivetrain and some tinkering it'll whup-azz on a SSS. I've been in the market for a L76 pullout.

Mr. P.

Hey Zippy, thinking about maybe removing the 'Silverado' badge off the rear?

Wonder if someone can custom make a badge, or find a good way to combine the Vortect MAX badge with the SS badge, or a Z71/SS type, like the old RS/SS packages.