• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Close but needs more -

* drop it

* Painted rear bumper

* Delete side mouldings

* Painted rear tailgate handle - that plastic POS cheapens the whole truck

* Rather than SS emblems I would get the red/chrome VMax door emblems, I think they would look better

* if you could sneak it into the budget, HIDs

The wheels are nice. You know I'm a Corsa guy but that exhaust tip looks decent.

Mr. P. :)

Forgot to add - I like the front treatment, looks nice and if it were lowered would look flat-out mean. Too bad you can't get clear marker lenses w/ yellow blinkers, that would look damned sharp.

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

Close but needs more -

* drop it

* Painted rear bumper

* Delete side mouldings

* Rather than SS emblems I would get the red/chrome VMax door emblems, I think they would look better

The wheels are nice. You know I'm a Corsa guy but that exhaust tip looks decent.

Forgot to add - I like the front treatment, looks nice and if it were lowered would look flat-out mean. Too bad you can't get clear marker lenses w/ yellow blinkers, that would look damned sharp.

You said it perfect. If you do that to the new SS it will be so bad ass.

Close but needs more -

* drop it

* Painted rear bumper

* Delete side mouldings

Couldn't agree more Mr. P. :P

I'm pretty well limited to what I get to work with since as a dealership anything I put on has to have the same warranty as the rest of the truck. I'd like to lower it, but that I'll have to leave up to the customer at this point due to warranty issues. If they request it we can do it though. The only GM rear bumpers at this point are in chrome so I won't paint on a chromed surface when we are responsible for the warranty. I have removed the door moldings on others we've done (I'll post pictures later), but with the SS badges the body lines make the badges look like crap. As for the tailgate handle I'm axiously awaiting GM making a paintable one like the Silverado SS had. Once again under warranty I don't want one coming back in a few years having flaked off so that we have to pay to fix it. I agree though, I hate them. This truck had the Vortec Max badges on it, I was going for something different and uncommon. I feel it actually looks almost stock. On this truck I was trying to build a Silverado SS since GM doesn't make one. I feel it actually looks almost stock. I would really like clear lenses and HID's, but once again stuck on the warrenty issue. The truck is a 2008 Vortec Max 4x4 with NHT package. Basicly is has the L76 367hp 6.0L (aluminum block 6.0L with what's commonly known as the L92 heads all from the factory) :drool: , 4.10 gear, 4 wheel disc brakes, 4L70E trans, 9.5" 14 bolt rear, trailer brake controller, traction control with Stabilitrack, Leather interior, remote start, skid plate package, driver power seat, 6 disc cd player with mp3 capability, fog lamps, fifth wheel and camper wiring package, etc. It's a pretty decent truck to start with and without much work would fly even naturally asperated. It is actually built with better parts than the obs SSS's. It would be a great replacement for an older SSS. I might do a red one next. Black was obviously the first.

I added/changed

NHT front bumper painted to match black. (not a painted chrome bumper either, I ordered a paint to match and had it painted black).

Black GM Accessories Grille

GM Performance Parts Exhaust

GM Performance Parts Cold Air Intake

GM Accessories Soft Toneau Cover

GM Accessories Bed Mat

GM Accessories Tailgate Liner

GM Accessories Brushed Stainless Door Sill Plates

Silverado SS Badges

Suburban/Tahoe 20" polished wheels and 275/55R20 Bridgestone Dueler HT tires

Keep the comments coming though, it's important to me. I'm thinking of doing quite a few if they work out.

GM, build some more SSS's.