08 Vortec Max Times

Pave1

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to belive since guys running on superchagers run around upper 12's low 13's. I may be wrong.

The stock 5.3 joegibs supercharged ran low 14s high 13s that time is boosted terretory time.

Edited by oscareltemblo (see edit history)

The stock 5.3 joegibs supercharged ran low 14s high 13s that time is boosted terretory time.

I ran a 13.8 on just boltons. Stock cam and stock TQ 'verter. My little brother did the same with his VMAX on only air intake, headers and tune. This 08 vmax is like 300 pounds lighter.

RedSilvSS(something like that) went 13.7 on his bolton + stall converter truck.

No way in hell is a low 14 or high 13 boosted territory time. Your truck ran low 13s on boost didnt it?

This was posted on pt.net

Went to English Town in my 08 max with cold air and tune and did 13.96 at 99 mph with a 2.19 60ft. these trucks really wake up with these mods.

thats a nice mph. . .congrats on the run :chevy:

I ran a 13.8 on just boltons. Stock cam and stock TQ 'verter. My little brother did the same with his VMAX on only air intake, headers and tune. This 08 vmax is like 300 pounds lighter.

I have actually seen a vid of an '06 4WD V-max mith minor bolt ons (intake, cat-back) and drag radials run in the 13's. I thought it was on this site.

The conditions at the track make a big difference. If it was at sea level on a cool day, the times will sound too good to be true. Under better than ideal conditions (which happens) the weather corrected time would actually correct upwards.

I am not going to say it is BS, but a vid and time slip would certainly alleviate some skepticism here.

Mike

That's a little bit faster than I'd guess it would go, but possible. If it were an extended cab short box or regular box in a 2wd with the NHT package. The tuning would have to be rather impressive though. I would be interested to see if it were on the stock tires or not. Some will post their impressive times and leave out that they ran a tire that is 4" or more shorter than the stock tire which is like putting in a much deeper gear. I ran Frank's VHO (Revolutionary) at Martin Dragway to a 14.29 pass with only Corsa catback, 160º thermostat, tuning, and (probably worse than stock) 245/70R17 General Ameri-Trac's on stock Silverado steel wheels. The new body style has alot more power to be had with those beautiful heads and intake alone.

The wheels stock 17 inch wheels stock 245/70 tires. And it is a ecsb the 5ft body.

That would have been my guess. The lightest model with the smallest tire. Good running man. I've tuned some of the L76's, they need alot of help and respond well to it.

No way in hell is a low 14 or high 13 boosted territory time. Your truck ran low 13s on boost didnt it?

No it did not, it ran 13.60 with a tune with the stock tune as it came from joe gibbs it ran low 14s there is an article here and blowngibbs who is a member here ran the the these times.

I'm not trying to strat anything but when I say something I have proof to back it up 14sec Test

The wheels stock 17 inch wheels stock 245/70 tires. And it is a ecsb the 5ft body.

My V-Max has those same rims, but it has Goodyear Tires instead. I have the normal bed, is true if you have the short bed you have rear drums? Mine has disc in the rear. I guess the tune really woke up your truck.