08 Vortec Max Times

Pave1

That would have been my guess. The lightest model with the smallest tire. Good running man. I've tuned some of the L76's, they need alot of help and respond well to it.

Yeah, the NBS stock tuning sucks. I guess I need to tune mine, I can't stand torque management. It sucks when you smash on the accelerator pedal and it doesn't smash until 3 or 4 seconds later. I can't believe Chevrolet did this to these trucks, it takes out the fun out of driving them. For these trucks you need to tune them, I heard hand held programmers like Hypertech, Super Chips and The Evo Evolution don't take off the delay. I need to get a custom tune as soon as possible.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who did your tuning? Maybe I will have to get some smaller tires to break into the 13's with.

"

ive got some 18" drag radials for sale , they are 28.1 inchews tall which will for sure take some time off your et not to mention the light weight forged wheels

"

ive got some 18" drag radials for sale , they are 28.1 inchews tall which will for sure take some time off your et not to mention the light weight forged wheels

I don't have enough power to justify DRs though, wish I did.

Hey Zippy, me and my body the other day were tuning my truck again to see if we could sqeeze a little more out of it and we noticed their was still tm when you first wak it. Do you know how to get this off? And we use HP TUNERS.

My V-Max has those same rims, but it has Goodyear Tires instead. I have the normal bed, is true if you have the short bed you have rear drums? Mine has disc in the rear. I guess the tune really woke up your truck.

The disc in the rear comes if you have the NHT Max Trailering Package. Looking at the front bumper of your truck I see that you have that package.

Can you send me a copy of your file and a log. I'll see if I can find what TM is left in there. The stock tuning is loaded with it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

hey guys i know this thread is old but i believe this guy 100% about runnin a 13.9 and by the way good run :cheers:. But the reason i say this is cause i have an 07 4 door vmax and ran a 14.2 with the same mods and got beat by an extended cab 08 vmax by a car and his time was a 14.0, so its very possible