Do You Have Hids?

Turbocoop

FYI - this how-to is NOT correct for 03-06.

I just did this with a 1.5k resistor.

The correct wiring :

Connector J3 terminal A4 = white wire for sensor

to

Connector J4 terminal B7 = black wire for sensor return

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I still never got around to doing this, my lights have been working fine since I wrote this though, which was a while ago. I guess it just depends on how lucky you are when you buy the cheap hid kits...

plus Im glad I didnt do it, thanks Ross for posting the correct info, sorry about that everyone

No worries :)

It must be something different between years or models - I'm not sure. I found different ones on another forum and even the BCM plugs were different colors....oh well

On a side note - I had a connection issue on my MaxCar R HID's and their support tech told me the auto headlights WILL damage the ballasts. I've heard of tons of people not changing it and never having issues so who knows...

The one think the irritates me with shorting the light sensor is that I now have no courtesy lights at night when I unlock my truck. If anyone knows how to fix this let me know...otherwise I guess I have to just decide which I like better...

• 6 months later...

Ive had a weird issue, where occasionally when the HID's come on ill get a reduced engine power code and the truck goes into limp mode. Its only when the lights come on, which is kind of strange.

• 7 months later...