Turbocoop

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Idk for sure maybe its different on u alls trucks but my 01 has the auto light thing to but to turn mine off i juss hit the dome overide button 3 times and it dissables the auto lights, maybe it will work for you guys, it does on mine with no wire cutting or nothing

I know our trucks dont require a relay kit but could that help with a longer life period considering most hid kits are 35w compared to the stock wiring on the trucks which is like 55 i think?

• 1 month later...
Idk for sure maybe its different on u alls trucks but my 01 has the auto light thing to but to turn mine off i juss hit the dome overide button 3 times and it dissables the auto lights, maybe it will work for you guys, it does on mine with no wire cutting or nothing

What is the dome overide button and where is it located? Thanks!

Since a lot of us only have Lo Beam HIDs, how about just flicking the Hi Beams on as you start the truck up?? Wether this a fact about the ballast being starved is truce or not, this way would save from hacking the electrical and starving the ballasts.

Will this work ^^^^?

I've been having a couple problems with mine. The first time I was driving during the day, but the weather was raining pretty hard and it was very overcast. Anyway, as I was driving, I decided to urn on my headlights manually and my engine suddenly lost power. It seemed like my trucks engine down shifted to the lowest gear or like not ll my cylinders weren't running or something. I looked at my dash board, where the mileage is and it said "REDUCED ENGINE POWER." Anyone else had this problem? The other problem I had was my check engine light came on for a while and now it's off. Anyone experiencing similar problems?

But it only happened when I turned on my HIDs manually. It didn't happen any other time. I'm a little frustrated and confused. :confused:

well worst case it could have melted a wire and came in contact with some other sensor wire. but for a wire to get that hot it would have needed to be un fused or has been replaced with a high amp fuse where it should hav ebeen lower and it allowed enough current to go through to melt it.

hids use the most power when first booted or the igniting of the gas in the bulb.

They would come on when you pass the key over "accessory" or "run", and they go off when its on "start". I never got around to doing this to my truck even though I posted the how to... all of mine are still working fine. I have it setup so the fogs blink when I lock and unlock it too and they are still OK, that should be really bad for em if what everyone says about turning them on for a second is true. I dont know I guess Ill find out how long they last

• 1 year later...

Hey I just purchased HIDs and tired to install them in my 04 Silverado SS today....... I got high and low and had no room to mount the ballasts on the drivers side. Where did yall mount yours? pictures would be great.

post-19043-1263508600_thumb.jpg