Do You Have Hids?

Turbocoop

Since a lot of us only have Lo Beam HIDs, how about just flicking the Hi Beams on as you start the truck up?? Wether this a fact about the ballast being starved is truce or not, this way would save from hacking the electrical and starving the ballasts.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not sure about those auto makers, but when I had my Audi with HID's, at night the lights would stay on while the car was being started. I had always heard it's bad to have the lights on when starting a car, but I'd assume they know what they're doing.

some of the newer beemers and lexuss(i guess the plural would be lexie???lol) actually have a delay.. car starts, then lights come on so when you go to start and you have that low voltage crank time the bulbs arent underpowered

some of the newer beemers and lexuss(i guess the plural would be lexie???lol) actually have a delay.. car starts, then lights come on so when you go to start and you have that low voltage crank time the bulbs arent underpowered

no there is no delay on the new BMWs

no there is no delay on the new BMWs

the x3 that i had for a rental car last week was an 06... it had a delay, or maybe it was the ballasts charging.. seemed like a good idea.

odd i have HID lowbeams and fogs and havent had bulb problems and when i use the autostart at night it flashes the lights til i put the key in. Im sure u know this but dont touch the bulb when installing. body oils get hot and will lessin the life of the bulb

there's no way to do this at the fusebox? guess i'll give it a try this weekend. I have HID lows/highs so I'd hate to have to replace everything if a bulb or ballast blows out.

does this mod leave the DRL lights on all the time now?

there's no way to do this at the fusebox? guess i'll give it a try this weekend. I have HID lows/highs so I'd hate to have to replace everything if a bulb or ballast blows out.

does this mod leave the DRL lights on all the time now?

Even if it did leave the DRL's on all the time pull the fuse..