McGaughys 2" drop spindles...

ACDenali

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well guys I ordered a set today!! :D and they said they will ship today. I can't wait, the part # for the 4x4 spindles is #2003T thats the one for 17" and bigger. Hopefully I can install them my self to save alittle money.

The part number you have, is that for all the 4wd silverados? 1/2 tons & 3/4 tons?

The spindle is the same for all trucks (Silverado, Yukon, Avalanche, Suburban, etc.), 2WD and 4WD. The only difference is that if the truck has smaller than 17" wheels, then there is a different spindle.

The shop that installed the drop on my Avalanche (McGaughys 2000T spindles + Eibach 3" drop springs) had it done in 2.5 hours. The rest of the time was taken up with the alignment.

Hey guys im trying to order the 2 inch spindles and 3 inch shackles from McGaughys website but I cant find the 3 inch shackles on there. I know the part # for the spindles is 2003T but I cant find the 3 inch shackles on there.

I've got their catalog right here and for the life of me I can't figure it out. Seems they have kits named but not individual parts. Or so it seems. They obviously know their stuff as far as making parts, but as far as naming and assigning part numbers, they need help.

You should just call them tomorrow and order over the phone to make sure you get it right (559) 226-8196.

BTW, the March 2004 issue of StreetTrucks illustrates a complete McGaughys 2/3 drop install - spindles, springs, and shock extenders - on a Cadillac Escalade EXT.

The spindle is the same for all trucks (Silverado, Yukon, Avalanche, Suburban, etc.), 2WD and 4WD. The only difference is that if the truck has smaller than 17" wheels, then there is a different spindle.

Does this mean any drop spindle for 99+ will work, regardless of brand?

Also, what is the difference in the spindle between trucks with 17"+ wheels and trucks with 16"?

Is McGaugh's the only place to buy these, how much are they charging for these? Does anyone have them all ready and are they happy with the quality and ride.

McGaughys is the only place to make a spindle for our trucks, AFAIK. It is a quality part that received an award from GM at SEMA for innovation.

I installed them on my Avalanche last week and I am pleased. Stock ride up front is the same (not in back because I lowered it 3" and put in Eibach 3" progressive rate drop springs, so it is a little stiffer). Kept the stock Bilsteins up front. Turning radius has decreased somewhat, a little rubbing, but only at full-turn-left, then only minor.

Archived