McGaughys 2" drop spindles...

ACDenali

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chassis Tech, DJM, and Belltech also make drop spindles.

I don't know what's good, and what isn't.

Do they really? That's interesting. The only ones I've heard about are the Belltechs (which I thought were for OBS Chevys), which from what I hear, push out the front wheels quite a bit. A poorly designed part from the sounds of it.

jrock80,

I wanted to know too man. Just called them they said $384 straight from them with the spindles up front, new hangers, and drop spindles for the rear with all the bolts needed to re mount the hangers.

Quicksilverz71, you said you got em, staight from McGaughys?? Did you get their hangers and shackles too or what. Wondering how the full kit is and what the ride quality is like??

Maybe I am mistaken I'll go look at the truck later but aren't the hangers welded on?? Maybe a stupid question, I'll find the answer later when I'm out of work....

Unless you want more than 2" in the rear why bother with the hangers?

Because I'm not a fan of the 1-2" rake that the truck has with the BellTech/turned bars or Ground Force kit produces. 1" rake is more than enough, and can't be had unless you move the front up a little. ;)

How well made are the spindles?  My concern is overall safety and reliability.  My buddy got some poorly made spindles on his 2WD truck and one broke on the interstate.  When a wheel falls off going 60 its never a good thing.

They got the GM 2003 SEMA design award. I'd say that's a vote of confidence from GM.

homepage-award_bottom.gif

jrock - you wouldn't happen to know who your buddy bought the drop spindles from, would you?

I am not 100% sure, but I could have sworn they were belltech. I know he replaced them with DJM brand and hasnt had a problem since. This is my daily driver and our roads here suck.

Archived