McGaughys 2" drop spindles...

ACDenali

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys I called them and they sell a complete front rear kit. 2" drop spindles for the front and a 3" shackel/hanger kit for the rear.

If you are thinking of coming to the rally in wichita, I was thinking of seeing if anyone wanted to have the kit installed during the meet. What do you think?

Hey guys I called them and they sell a complete front rear kit. 2" drop spindles for the front and a 3" shackel/hanger kit for the rear.

If you are thinking of coming to the rally in wichita, I was thinking of seeing if anyone wanted to have the kit installed during the meet. What do you think?

I wont be going to the rally, but I still might be interested in the 2/3 kit. (Still undecided though)

-Matt

Well I talked to a guy there and he said they generally don't do GP's. Its not a big deal really. At around $250 for a pair of spindles, I think thats a pretty good price. I am going to order mine Monday I think. As well as some 2 inch drop shackles for my Denali. Im so glad that they have made these spindles for our trucks. Its so aggravating when companies don't think there is a niche market for our kind of trucks. Finally.... :cool:

If you guys just want to lower the front 2'', belltech makes lowering torsion keys. I think they are 130.00 for the pair. They also make the shackles, for about 50.00.

Unhappy with the torsion keys "ride quality" was what brought the original thread up in the first place. I would prefer the spindles anyday over the keys. But that's my $.02 :thumbs:

Well I talked to a guy there and he said they generally don't do GP's. Its not a big deal really. At around $250 for a pair of spindles, I think thats a pretty good price. I am going to order mine Monday I think. As well as some 2 inch drop shackles for my Denali. Im so glad that they have made these spindles for our trucks. Its so aggravating when companies don't think there is a niche market for our kind of trucks. Finally.... :cool:

l will be putting the spindles on mine, but they wont have them ready for the HD's for a couple months.

How involved are the rear shackle installs? Can basic tools take care of it? Do you need spring compressors or anything like that?

All you need are some jackstands and a jack. Put the truck in the air with the stands and use the jack to lift the rearend to get the load off the springs. When the load is off the springs the bolts will come out pretty easy. Hope this helps.

Just did a homemade 2/3 drop on my Avalanche and it is great. McGaughys 2" drop spindles in front and Eibach 3" drop springs in the back. Damn AV handles like a Corvette now! Took this tight 270 degree off-ramp tonight at 50mph and hardly any lean whatsoever! All I think I have left to do suspension-wise is some upgraded sway bars and that will eliminate the little lean that's left...

Archived