El Camino?

waltsum3

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a pretty stout version:

http://jalopnik.com/368635/926-hp-holden-u...ac-g8-el-camino

Here is the confirmation the El Camino will be back

http://jalopnik.com/366699/2010-pontiac-g8...-camino-is-back

Looks 10 times better than the SSR, and hopefully itll sell better too...

From Jalopnik:

The sport truck draws its strength from the same powerful 6.0L V-8 engine used in the G8 GT. It puts out 361 horsepower (270 kW) and 385 lb.-ft. (522 Nm) of torque. The combination of a six-speed automatic transmission and Active Fuel Management technology provides both car-like fuel economy and an unexpected 0-to-60 time of 5.4 seconds.

Edited by SoCalSS (see edit history)

I don't care if that car comes over here but please don't name it El Camino why ruin the name the same way they did to the gto and montecarlo and impala these names are sport chevy names and don't go good with these small car's.

Edited by oscareltemblo (see edit history)

I don't care if taht car comes over here but please don't name it El Camino why ruin the name the sam eway they did to the gto and montecarlo and impala these names are sport chevy names and don't go good with these small car's.

:withstupid:

The GTO was a good car, but nothing like the original. I think GM should do a retro of the 70 Chevelle/el Camino and sell that. Dodge did a really good job with the Challenger, and new new Camaro was a good effort as well, and it will show once it becomes available, and people start to buy them.

Chrysler did good job in the fact that thier cars are rear wheel drive or awd. Now, what is stopping GM to do that even ford is doing great with the mustang the are selling a lot ... Where is the maro for compitition the gto didn't compete with the stang in selling number's. Now, powertrain wise the gto has the GO but for look's that's a different story.

they have always sold more muffstnags than camaros...dont know what caused it but I heard that ford has the volume and GM has the quality.

Here in MI there are a lot of the chryslers/challengers around. and a shop is tuning them now and getting simmilar results to the gains we see with a tune and bolt-ons...jacked up b/c now that SRT-8 that was runnig some decent times will only be that much fatser :uhoh: