408 "ls-6" With Direct Port Nitrous

Krambo

Looking good Kevin. I'm using the PRC springs too. Where did you pick up the Yellow Terra's and Underprive pulley?

Here ya go:

Yella Terra's - Texas Speed

Powerbond pulley - Scoggin Dickey

Kevin, hate to be a pain in the ass, but I couldn't find the Powerbond on there site. Got a part number. Did you have to change anything when you did the Yel-T's or do they conform to stock?

Here is their ad for the pulleys --> SD Powerbond sale Maybe they do not carry them anymore :confused:

As for the rockers, it depends on your choice of rocker. There are three levels of the Yella Terra's (street/strip, Yella's, and Platinum series full race) with a host of styles. I am sending you a PM...

Ouch, did you pay their retail price? I've found them 80 to almost 100 dollars cheaper elsewhere for the adjustables...

The ONLY thing I have paid full price for are the damn extra bolts I needed because I lost a few, stripped or sent them with my old motor. The dealer is giving it to me good there.

looking damn good Kevin, i love the valve/coil covers

Thank you. We need to talk about some CF. I need a fan cover bad.

Kev, what brand/make/model alt are you running? does it hook up to the factory wiring harness?

Josh, the alt is from DB electrical (do a google search) and is a rewound GM 145 amp stocker (internally regulated). It plugs right in HOWEVER, I would not run that puny 8 gauge stock wire off the post to the battery, it will melt when you are pulling alot of amps. I am doing some good 4 awg stranded with an in-line 250 amp fuse directly to my yellow-top. If you want the best alts, go with Ohio generator. If you want the second best IMO, go with DB Electrical. They can powdercoat it in ANY color you want as well. I am running an overdrive pulley on it since I have an under drive crank.

• 3 weeks later...

Yea, I do have some updates. I will upload the pictures this week and post up the update. I really only work on this thing over the weekends and even that, I have to balance my time with the wife and kids or I will not have a truck to work on :uhoh::jester: The belt routing was a pain in the a$$ and there was a bunch of cutting and spacing to make it work. Arizona Speed and Marine are on my $h!t list as well. Their internet sales guy screwed me over royally. More on that in the update post this weekend. Maybe I will have some more pictures by then as well. :cheers:

Personally I would stay away from ASM. Been there and done that. collectors are crappy, and you cant hardly put bolts in them. then i had mine for abou 8 months then pulled the 6.0 for the 1st 408 and they were pretty rusted up and they have the high dollar coating on them. i called them up and got sorry not our responsibility. I went with dynatech. yeah they are a little smaller but the quality is great