Highest Mileage Ss Trucks?

snowmunky

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got around 78K I think and so far so good(knocking on wood). I did start to have front end grinding noise at around 50k miles. I've never done anything to the front dif. and it's still holding together under my radix SC pushing 7 lbs of boost with many mods. I don't take it easy on this truck either. I washed it today and hit the highway to dry it off. I had lots of fun spinning all four and crazy driving. Man I love my radix powered ss :cheers:

My SSS has about 62K on it now, random thoughts - motor is great, plug wires were junk at 50K (ignition missing and lost mileage). Front diff ate itself by 48K, replaced it. Rear Diff making lots of noise by 40K during cornering, replaced with TruTrak. Steering column clunk issue. Power steering pump is now leaking out front seal :sick: Got a squeaky idler pully now, not bad enough to be bad but makes noise off-idle. Nothing else comes to mind at the moment....

Mr. P.

My SSS has about 62K on it now, random thoughts - motor is great, plug wires were junk at 50K (ignition missing and lost mileage). Front diff ate itself by 48K, replaced it. Rear Diff making lots of noise by 40K during cornering, replaced with TruTrak. Steering column clunk issue. Power steering pump is now leaking out front seal :sick: Got a squeaky idler pully now, not bad enough to be bad but makes noise off-idle. Nothing else comes to mind at the moment....

Mr. P.

rapidly approaching 84k. same issues minus the leak and around the same time. what's up with the TruTrak replacement? any info would be nice. :D

2003 SS w/ 96,000:

Rebuilt Transmission @ 50K - Lost 3/4 Clutch

Rebuilt Front Diff. @ 50K - Under Extended Warranty - Started Getting "The Growl"

Rear Diff. been growling lately ... prolly need to rebuild that soon too.

Replaced both Cluster & Intermediate Shaft around 68K before Warranty Expired.

Replaced leaking water pump around 80K. Flushed out Dex and replaced with Etheleyne Glycol.

Radio has some LED's that are intermittently out. Tapping the radio makes them work again.

Got some vry minor lifter noise, hardly noticeable ... some seafoam should cure it.

**Still Have Original Brakes!!!**

Been an awesome truck, considering how hard I drive it. Mostly city miles; stop and go ... downshifting to keep from rear-ending people ... things like that.

Edited by perk03z06 (see edit history)

• 10 months later...

My 04 has a little over 101,xxx on her. Still running stong. Except for last night, started making a rattling noise up front. Seems to speed up while accelerating and the oppisite. Thinking its a front wheel bearing, replacing both anyways, We'll see.