Highest Mileage Ss Trucks?

snowmunky

Hey, mine is an 03 with about 88K, only major repair has been RF wheel bearing(probably due to 22's) and replace front differential bearings. Now setting both rear O2 sensor codes, haven't yet dealt with that, will probably try sensors first but could be converters.

I bought my truck with 13K on it and love it!!!! I drive 30miles each way to and from work plus take kids to school and ballgames, super reliable, average around 16MPG and I usually cruise at about 75MPH on interstate.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dad had a 99nbs ext cab 5.3L and he sold it last summer with 112k miles on it. No major issues, just brake changes, tires, etc. the normal stuff. My cousin has a 2000 ext cab 5.3L with a 121,000+ miles on it. He just drove it cross country from northern michigan to San Diego on a 2300 mile trip with zero issues. I have 65,000 miles on my 03 SSS, 24k of which is with the radix. No major issues except my front diff, which is common to my understanding. The key to chevy longevity is following up with the maintenance schedules. changing the fluids, staying on top of the little things. I also think another member, dcairn, has over 90k miles on his truck and most of that was with a supercharger as well. So there are a lot of us out there that take care of them.

2003.................5x,xxx miles on it......bought it in '05 with only 8,000 miles on the odometer.....only major things to date were steering shaft---2X under warranty..........clogged cat---under warranty, and the tailgate straps. I took it in when I first bought it with the front-end "growl", but naturally, the dealership could not replicate the problem.......

im sure im missing some but these are off the top of my head

(2) lq9 motors

(4) trans plus 2-3 more converter failures

(3) steering shafts

(2) front diff rebuilds

(2) door mode acutators

power steering pump

cd player

abs module

about half were due to having fun.

40k miles

Edited by 04CHASE (see edit history)

im sure im missing some but these are off the top of my head

(2) lq9 motors

(4) trans plus 2-3 more converter failures

(3) steering shafts

(2) front diff rebuilds

(2) door mode acutators

power steering pump

cd player

abs module

40k miles

READ THE SIG FIRST!

2004 Silverado SS - vortech t-trim( 16 psi ), all forged 370 9.25-1 cr, nx direct spray nitrous, and alot more

READ THE SIG FIRST!

2004 Silverado SS - vortech t-trim( 16 psi ), all forged 370 9.25-1 cr, nx direct spray nitrous, and alot more

:chillpill::chillpill: Calm down, stop yelling. Look at Chase's original post, he said.........

There you go. :P

READ THE SIG FIRST!

YO RELAX MAN!

06' dd 42,XXX only issues were the streering shaft and the trans sprag but other than that she has been damn good to me :)