Update/carnage On The Sss

ok.. heres the newest numbers....... 218/228 .565/.540 115lsa.. im thinkin this is the one haha

zippy thanks for chimin in.. will i need to retune for this.. or will it relearn...im still up in the air about buyin hp tuners.. or just buggin u to tune it everthing i need it..haha

It makes it super easy if you buy the tuner, then just have Zippy email you new updates to your tunes after you scan it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys .. just thought i would do alil update again...sooo looks like there was alot more damage in the motor then i thought...

heres what i saw when i droped the pan today

032208_20071.jpg

032208_20051.jpg

032208_20061.jpg

heres a better look at the hole i found when i pulled the head and thats all i thought that happened

032208_20551.jpg

if u look u can see a chuck of piston that seized the motor up..pretty crazy if u ask me its just a big chunk that got caught between the block and the swing of the rod

032208_20241.jpg

heres another piston that completely blew up again like the other one..but the wrist pin was still in and untouched

032208_20212.jpg

turned out ever rod was twisted and bend or something like this

032208_20561.jpg

anyways now for the fun part...MUAHHH HHH HHHHH the rebuild time!!! heres the new motor

032208_18411.jpg

well...the good news... got the truck up and running today..everything seemed ok.. let it run for a few mins.. then shut it off. the blower seemed alil louder then i remeber..but didnt think much of it..then i there was a vac line i couldnt remeber where it went so i didnt think much of it i would figure it out when i got the truck home..and for some reason my boost gauge was pegged out even when the truck wasnt running so im alil confused on that it sweeps back and forth when i turn the key but then just pegs out....so anyways i go for alil drive everything seems ok then i notice alil tick like a header bolt is lose i dont think much of it.. just get it home and il figure it out.. and then it gets louder and louder.. then the check eng light starts flashing.. :shock: i limp it back in the drive way.. and soemthing it really not right.. not sure what it is maybe i droped a lifter or a valve spring or something like that.. i hope its nothin lower.. :cry: il find out in the morning when i dig back in to it.. im to frustered to even try tonite.. my luck never stops..grr

im about ready for a FOR SALE SIGN !..

SHES ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well i finaly got alil bit of good luck going.. i riped back in the the motor this morning and found that a few rockers had just came loose..so i pulled the push rods.. good thing i put some hardend ones in..haha.. and checked over everything.. put it back to gether..crossed my fingers annd VOOOOOOOOoooom..sounds great.. it needs a tune bad doesnt wanna idle.. but thats a givin.. my tuner is gonna come to lansing tue or wend to tune it for me.. i cant wait.. so untill then im just gonna baby it around... i cant lie.. i did do alil 3/4 throttle of a stop sign.. and well it spun all 4 icon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gif so i would say its makin some ok power.haha.. u guys should have seen the look on the g/fs face when i did it it was somehting like icon_eek.gif ..haha she was like OMG i just lost my stomic..then said feels alot stronger then the lightning did...her brother had one..haha ..i thought it was funny though.. anyways i cant wait to feel it with my foot to the floor ! icon_twisted.gif

thanks guys.. if feels great to finaly have it back on the road for sure!!!....

oscar.. ya i did ask him.. he said he could do something for the bars.. but hes been super busy doing a lightning(grrr) lol.. and an landspeed car so i havent wanted to bug him about it .. but i belive he had to have the land speed car done by this past sunday.. so il try to get over to him this week..if i cant il give u guys his number so u can talk to him one on one . im not sure if il need anything for mine or not..im not sure if it will spin tomuch being awd i know it does alil. but i was just going to try maybe straping the front down