Update/carnage On The Sss

wouldnt an lq4 be a better starting point anyways with its lower compression combined with your radix than an lq9?

well i belive its a great platform like MR P said.. but why would it be better then an lq9..just gonna make less power from what i would think .. what does everyone eles think?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

wellllllllllllllllllllll lil update.......I GOT A MOTOR!!!...... :cheers: haha

picked it up last nite...didnt think i was comin back.. turned out to be in some lil alley way no name building in d-town..some where between 8 and 11 mile...and got pretttty shady. :wtf: .lol...but anyways..we made it back...just took alil damage gettin the hell out of ther ..lol but if i get all my parts.. im planin on havin it back together this weekend...

:chevy:

you got time, this snow is killing me. I am not shoveling my way to work on the truck...yet.

Keep us posted and let us know if you run into any problems.

I would get a stockish radix tune at first till you get the bugs worked out. I might run N/A drive out any bugs then throw the radix back on in a few weeks.

you got time, this snow is killing me. I am not shoveling my way to work on the truck...yet.

Keep us posted and let us know if you run into any problems.

I would get a stockish radix tune at first till you get the bugs worked out. I might run N/A drive out any bugs then throw the radix back on in a few weeks.

ya i was down yoru way this weekend...i couldnt belive u guys had as much snow as u did...we dont have any at all

really not put the blower on for a few weeks??? and take the tune out of run a stock one?? i mean i know the computer needs to relearn.. but i didnt think there would be that much of a differance..its the same motor.. just only a few miles on it.. and im puttin in a cam..so i guess i dont understand why id need to do all of that...i was just planing on takin it really cool for a while.. :confused:

the tune is there now is real agressive. I want to say it was the fastest radix SS, so to be safe I would just tame it down a bit.

I say to run N/A for a break in, get everything running good, keep any extra variables out. then Put the radix on and get Zippy to tune it.

i belive there was a few that were faster..lol cough cough krambo...haha.. but im not sure if there was many with a 112 and stock motor and no headers or meth..lol

well im thinkin about buyin hptuners pro..would be nice to find some one that wanted to sell theres.. so i can learn to tune and keep an eye on everything....i wouldnt mind runnin a safer tune for alil while.. just to make she i dont put my foot in it i have a problem with that..haha....and id love to zippy to tune it once its all back together and work with him on it.. just sounds like hes super busy!!

i dont think im gonna not put the blower on though...i dont even know if i have all the shit to put it together stock..

which reminds me ...i still gotta get all the old cheap gas out...hmmm thats gonna suck..maybe i can get some booster or somting to makin it alil safer..

I bet you could put a container on the linee and turn the key on and it would pump out in the engine bay @ the fuel rail connection.

I hear you on having the stock stuff, then I would be super anal about it going back together.

i just got off the phone.. with richard at wcch....he said he might even think about goin to a 112 lsa...more responsive he said.....just might lose alil up top......where my motor guy said the he would go up to maybe a 115lsa to help with the topend.. cause we run out of steam with the 112 radix

hmmm this is a tough one..

i just got off the phone.. with richard at wcch....he said he might even think about goin to a 112 lsa...more responsive he said.....just might lose alil up top......where my motor guy said the he would go up to maybe a 115lsa to help with the topend.. cause we run out of steam with the 112 radix

hmmm this is a tough one..

I would stick with Richard's suggestion of a cam that has more mid-range and lose a little up top. Reason is: If you're keeping the 112, it's going to be falling on it's face the higher you have to take the RPM's... If you take the high RPM cam, the 112 will be falling off just as the cam comes on, which is a mismatch. Richard has done a LOT with these motors and I would trust anything that comes out of his mouth (or jumps off of the screen if you're emailing him).

well he really didnt give me a one or the other said they would both work well...just depends on my prefrence basicly.. im kinda lean to a 115lsa.. because im not thinking it will be a mismatch.. more of helping pick up and help the radix from fallin over/makin up for where it does..trying to keep alonger hp/tq range will give me alot better 1/4 ET then chasing a high hp peek on ... thats always been why way of thinking atleast

by the way.. are u still lookin for a stock rotating assembly?... i have 7 out of 8 of everything..lol low miles to :)

Edited by RICE EATER (see edit history)

ok.. heres the newest numbers....... 218/228 .565/.540 115lsa.. im thinkin this is the one haha

zippy thanks for chimin in.. will i need to retune for this.. or will it relearn...im still up in the air about buyin hp tuners.. or just buggin u to tune it everthing i need it..haha