Xbox 360

NashSS

Ok Well I have an Xbox 360 with Live and a couple of us on here play Call of duty 4 together. lately when im loading a map on cod4 for a multiplayer it stops and then says it cant read the disc and askes me to take it out and clean it which its a brand new game no scratches or anything. anyone else have this happen to them? it kinda got me worried that my 360 might be faulting up.

It's been happening to me with Burnout Revenge. Seems as though it only happens after I've been playing a while and the 360 gets a little hot...

Is yours standing upright? Mine is, I wonder if it makes a difference...

It's better to have it laying flat with something on all four corners to help with heat dissipation. Having it stand upright blocks one of the cooling openings on the bottom/side that brings air in and across the back of the circuit board where the processor and gpu heatsinks are.

We never have had that probelm ours is laying flat and Alan plays for hours at a time...The only problem we have had with ours is that if Alans playing online and i open my laptop when my laptop connects to the internet he loses his connection on the Xbox.

I haven't with mine either but that's just the things I have seen. However certain games tax the 360s processor and gpu more making it run hotter (crackdown, gears, halo 3, assassins creed, and cod 4 make it run hotter than others like pgr4, madden, tiger woods...etc).

There's several dvd drives in different revisions of 360s also...hitachi, lg, samsung, benq, lite-on, philips, and toshiba drives have all been used.

We never have had that probelm ours is laying flat and Alan plays for hours at a time...The only problem we have had with ours is that if Alans playing online and i open my laptop when my laptop connects to the internet he loses his connection on the Xbox.

That shouldn't happen but depending upon what your laptop uses to connect to the internet (windows built in which is pathetic or another program and if it's wireless or cable connected) and how your 360 is also connected. Also depends on how your router is configured (how your IPs are acquired and DNS setup along with port forwarding)

That shouldn't happen but depending upon what your laptop uses to connect to the internet (windows built in which is pathetic or another program and if it's wireless or cable connected) and how your 360 is also connected. Also depends on how your router is configured (how your IPs are acquired and DNS setup along with port forwarding)

:crazy:

router for the wireless and then i have a 50' cable from the router to the xbox. i was thinking about buying a new router. or seeing how my airport works.