Not Enough Fuel?

RAYRAY25

I HAD A DYNO TUNE SESSION @ ENGINE LOGICS ON SUNDAY AND WAS TOLD THAT MY '07 CLASSIC V-MAX WAS MAXED OUT DUE TO THE INJECTORS BEING @ 113% DUTY CYCLE. I TRUST THEIR WORD BUT WONDER IF ANY OF YOU HAVE HAD THAT PROBLEM. ALSO I WONDER WHAT YOU GUYS HAVE PULLED ON THE DYNO. MY TRUCK IS STOCK OTHER THAN K&N DROP IN FILTER & DUAL MAGNAFLOW MUFFLERS & WENT 247.8 HP & 305.6 FT LBS @ THE WHEELS.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So what ELSE has been done to the truck? If you maxed your injectors by having a drop-in and some mufflers, I would be suprised. I am sure someone else will chime in but there may be something we are missing here. Did the dyno guys mess with the tune? :confused:

Your power number is a bit low as well (really depends on the dyno, weather conditions as well as truck set-up). Did you pull in 3rd?,...converter locked? Those 2 alone will bump your numbers up quite a bit.

Does chevy really let the trucks go with injectors being that close to max???

Edited by Krambo (see edit history)

yes my 06' injectors are maxed out as well, rivierakid (jeremy) are too. . . . .. oh what kind of dyno was it on?

IT WAS ON A DYNO DYNAMICS DYNO IN HOUSTON, TX. IT WAS ABOUT 70 DEGREES & THE HUMIDITY WAS NEAR 100% SO IT WAS NOT A GOOD DAY FOR BIG #'s. MY EXHAUST IS THE NEW 3" IN/OUT MAGNAFLOWS W/ A 4" CASE SO THEY FLOW PRETTY GOOD BUT WITH THAT AND A K&N ONLY MAXED OUT INJECTORS. WHAT DO I NEED TO GO WITH? 30 LB/HR IS WHAT WAS SUGGESTED.

IT WAS ON A DYNO DYNAMICS DYNO IN HOUSTON, TX. IT WAS ABOUT 70 DEGREES & THE HUMIDITY WAS NEAR 100% SO IT WAS NOT A GOOD DAY FOR BIG #'s. MY EXHAUST IS THE NEW 3" IN/OUT MAGNAFLOWS W/ A 4" CASE SO THEY FLOW PRETTY GOOD BUT WITH THAT AND A K&N ONLY MAXED OUT INJECTORS. WHAT DO I NEED TO GO WITH? 30 LB/HR IS WHAT WAS SUGGESTED.

can you please turn off the CAP, thanks, what are your future improivements/mods? did you get a dyno graph printed?

can you please turn off the CAP, thanks, what are your future improivements/mods? did you get a dyno graph printed?

Got the graph printed with before and after numbers. I plan on now getting injectors (30 lb/hr?), long tube headers, cat. delete, Volant CAI, servos & shift kit for the tranny, and way down the road a mild cam (220 or so).

Got the graph printed with before and after numbers. I plan on now getting injectors (30 lb/hr?), long tube headers, cat. delete, Volant CAI, servos & shift kit for the tranny, and way down the road a mild cam (220 or so).

can you post up the graph?

well i maxed out mine when i did my cam...i am putting LS2 33lb injectors in....you can run the 8.1 30lb injectors without changing the plugs...i am hitting anywhere from 130-140% inj duty cycle....the stock ones don't last that long

well i maxed out mine when i did my cam...i am putting LS2 33lb injectors in....you can run the 8.1 30lb injectors without changing the plugs...i am hitting anywhere from 130-140% inj duty cycle....the stock ones don't last that long

the 8.1L are 42lbs injector.

I GUESS I MUST HAVE TONS OF CRAP IN THE GAS I'VE BEEN RUNNING. I ONLY GOT 36K MILES, THEY WEAR OUT THAT FAST? I'VE BEEN TOLD 29.5 LB/HR FROM AN 01-02 CAMARO WILL WORK ALSO.