Carbon Fiber

12'SROCK

Art,

have you considered making a center engine cover? (the one with Vortec MAX on it or Vortec 6000) IMO that would look phenomenal! Just some food for thought... or PM me with a quote to wrap my existing cover with CF if your up to it. Every time i come back to this thread I like them more and more :thumbs:

-Cody

Edited by montanass (see edit history)

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Art,

have you considered making a center engine cover? (the one with Vortec MAX on it or Vortec 6000) IMO that would look phenomenal! Just some food for thought... or PM me with a quote to wrap my existing cover with CF if your up to it. Every time i come back to this thread I like them more and more :thumbs:

-Cody

well i havent started making them yet but yes i can wrap you stock one. you just wanted the center one correct?

well i havent started making them yet but yes i can wrap you stock one. you just wanted the center one correct?

yeah just the center one. I would probably smooth it before i sent it out so it doesnt say anything and then put a Vortec Max emblem on it when its done. Let me know what you think?

exactly, once the base piece is completed put the SS badge on it and then another layer of clear epoxy over the entire top sealing the SS.

Make sense?

please shed some light on me. . . . dont know how this wood work since the emblems are poped out :dunno:

yeah just the center one. I would probably smooth it before i sent it out so it doesnt say anything and then put a Vortec Max emblem on it when its done. Let me know what you think?

ill get back to you on that but yeah i can do that

Would you consider doing a group buy to drop the price a little :D The parts are nice but I just cant drop $500.00 for two pieces...... thanks :D:D:D:D:D

LOL. . . . . i already tried that and no one was interested in it so i didnt work, everyone wants that parts but dont want to pay, again custom CF work aint cheap :chevy:

exactly, once the base piece is completed put the SS badge on it and then another layer of clear epoxy over the entire top sealing the SS.

Make sense?

umm it sound better as a thought.. . . . . the resin might eat the embles up and plus it would be hard to put the badges on there with the sticky tape so id have to remove it and then place them where you want them and fill the gap accordingly and dont think it would look as good as you might have pictured it

UPDATE ok here is the first CF bowtie that came of of the tool, still needs some perfecting but its in progress and you get the idea

chevystuff002.jpg

chevystuff001.jpg

I'M ALL OVER ONE OF THESE...PM ME UPON COMPLETION. THEY ARE FOR THE GRILLE CORRECT? WITH MOUNTING NUTS? CF ENGINE COVER PRICE? WRAPPED OK WITH ME.

I'M ALL OVER ONE OF THESE...PM ME UPON COMPLETION. THEY ARE FOR THE GRILLE CORRECT? WITH MOUNTING NUTS? CF ENGINE COVER PRICE? WRAPPED OK WITH ME.

yeah its the one for the grille. do you want just the center cover in CF?

umm it sound better as a thought.. . . . . the resin might eat the embles up and plus it would be hard to put the badges on there with the sticky tape so id have to remove it and then place them where you want them and fill the gap accordingly and dont think it would look as good as you might have pictured it

good point didn't think about the resin eating the plastic.

ok let me look in to a few things and i'll let you when i'll be talking one of your rad covers.

i wonder what kaotic1 will think of me putting this on his old truck. LOL