Transmission build-up

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my parts list from them are:

5_______high volume pump rotor kit

6_______29 element borg warner forward input sprag

11x_____raybestos pro series band

27______oversize pressure boost valve (.490")

38______high output pump slide spring

41______intermediate servo release check valve

37p_____pinless accumulator piston (2 of these)

37xp____pinless accumulator piston

45______extreme duty torque drive package

L65S____output shaft

14-24l60e_master kit

this is the same place i got my billet servos and stall from.

zippy, thanks for the advice. i'll be sure to check those part numbers.

my parts list from them are:

5_______high volume pump rotor kit- not needed, stock is already pretty damn good

6_______29 element borg warner forward input sprag- better than stock, but not

11x_____raybestos pro series band- good choice

27______oversize pressure boost valve (.490")-good choice

38______high output pump slide spring- stock is fine, wouldn't even take the pump apart unless it's broken

41______intermediate servo release check valve- good buy, pain in the ass install

37p_____pinless accumulator piston (2 of these)-ok deal, i personally don't use them

37xp____pinless accumulator piston-same

45______extreme duty torque drive package-overall not a bad deal, the input shaft has shown to be a problem so the stronger drum is nice

L65S____output shaft-kinda overkill. with the 65E using a transfercase it's rarely broken

14-24l60e_master kit-i'd recomend switching the clutches in that kit for the blue plate specials. i'm personally not a fan of the alto red's except in towing cases or that type. for performance i'd recomend the blue plates or the z-pack. i personally preferr the blue plates, but the z-pack has been showing good results.

zippy, about those clutches, i do tow and go to the track.  witch ones do you think will last longer?  remember, this is my daily driver.

i had this same issue with my 2800 stall... removed it.

i'd recomend using the z-pack for that application. as fort the stall, that is common with an off the shelf stall. without ordering one for your application, they will always stall too high in your truck.

zippy, on PATC's site, sorry i can't remember how to post a link for you, i was wondering if this is the corect z-pac kit: # 14-x32 (14 single sided clutches). if this is the right kit do i still need part # 14-24L60E, master kit? or do i just need some of the parts in it? witch ones? either way do you recomend getting part # 14x (release spring kit)? sorry for all the questions. thanks in advance.

btw, this master kit is the part i'm waiting for them to get in.

just ordered all the parts, including the z-pac. had to add #37 (1-2 spring) and an accumulator housing for a 700 trans (1-2), inorder to use all three new accumulator pistons. he said i should get the parts in a week. :ughdance:

Archived