Transmission build-up

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That makes more sense. From the website, it sounds like its just adding 2 more clutches. With the 6 pack, you'd need to add some steels, but the 8 pack comes with matched steels. Cool.

Ben, are you going to do this in your garage?

Take out stock parts going in your attic? :)

I am actually having a shop just a couple of miles from my house do it. It's a plce that the local speed shop recommended. He has built some very stout 4L60s in the past for some local guys. Hopefully, he will let me view him taking apart and putting back together. I ordered the manuals to pre-read before I take it in, so I know what I am looking at. Maybe next work, I'll do myself. Although, that home driveway work crap for a tranny is not very fun. Been there, done that.

Take out stock parts going in your attic? :)

Believe it or not, the wife I agreed I needed this. So the parts may go to the attic, but only to get them out of the garage. I'll put them in the same box as the stock heads. ;)

Although, that home driveway work crap for a tranny is not very fun. Been there, done that.

No more transmission work in the driveway for me either. Maybe if I get a nice shop w/ a lift. I'd rather pay and get it done in a fe hours than spend another weekend doing that.

I think I'm going to buy some goods for my trans too.

Ordered my trans parts yesterday. Not exactly sure when I will have it done but they are on the way. Now all that leaves on the list to order are my heads and another cam (no I don't know which heads yet Ben :D ) and the new heat exchanger from project R.

I think I forgot to post, nut I also ordered a new accumalator piston. The stock one is plastic and I don't want it in my tranny. I read of people cracking them. Just don't want to chance it. It costs $10. Did you opt for a new output shaft?

Archived