Midas Exhaust Problem

I just got my new muffler delivered this morning, and my REGULAR exhaust guy was swamped. No problem, I thought,I'll just go to Midas. I called in advance and spelled out exactly what I wanted, the guy on the phone said 100.00 each for stainless echo chamber tips for a total exhaust price of 400.00. I brought my own stainless tips and muffler and went to the Midas. When I told the store Manager that I wanted True dual 2 1/2 inch exhaust after my muffler, he said OK, I'll let him know but it will have to be a custom exhaust. I left for 30 minutes to grab lunch, and when I got back, I checked the progress on my truck. The muffler was in place, but the tailpipes were 2" duals. I brought this up to the tech, and he said the manager told him to use 2" pipe :M16: . Also the pipes used were pre bent and kinked at the bends(looked like ruffles potato chips). After a half hour of the manager trying to convince me that his buddy had it that way, he finally started trying to find some 2 1/2 inch pipes. After a half hour more, he said he couldn't find any that size. I told him just to dump it in front of the rear axles and I "might" be back later for the tailpipes(like hell :devil: ). The tech dumped the tips under the bed, and clamped them into place as I told him. Then, When checkout time came, the manager made me pay 179.00 total. I basically had to pay for the wasted shop time because THEY decided what would be best for my truck. I was so tired of dealing with this guy I just paid and left. I could have just had the exhaust dumped at my regular guy's shop for about 50 bucks, but thought I might try Midas. NEVER AGAIN. Next time I'll just wait for my regular guy. :mad:

Midas doesnt tolerate that. I deal with the local midas all the time. The manager there understands high performance applications though. If you made a call to corporate, they would handle it. Especially since you specifically requested 2.5" and they gave you 2.0" without your consent. Did you sign anyhting up front like a repair estimate? They are supposed to provide you a written estimate prior to beginning any work. It would hae stated 2.5" pipes on it. I always get that in writing up front.

Stay away from muffler shops that dont use mandrel bends(no kinks in bend) Also it is really worth the money to put a after market stainless exhaust. I had a toyota with a 2.5 exhaust that a shop did that I ened up rplacing with a borla - You pretty much cant go wrong going with Corsa, Magnaflow or Borla. My Magnaflow exhaust was in the $400 range- not bad.

TRUST THE MIDAS TOUCH! LOL theres one place and one place only here in town that i have do my exhuast work!

Same for me, usually. I just wanted it done right, and figured a slightly more expensive exhaust done right would be better. Also, I always watch the guy to make sure it's done right. I went to lunch this time, and was sorry when I came back. Never again. I learned to just use my tried and true guy. Also, the manager seemed reluctant to do the exhaust. I just thought it was the fact it was 36 degrees and rainy. He just apparently wanted to REALLY put the screws to me, and hoped I wouldn't notice. I will be taking it to get finished by my regular guy.

• 1 month later...

That sucks TXblueSS

I'm glad we don't have a Midas in our area. I got to be friends with one of the local muffler shop owners in town and I'll always wait for an open slot or he'll fix me in and give me somewhat of a break. He's got to make a living too...

Lesson learned here. Wait for your Bro's ;)

Tzer

• 1 year later...

I have the Borla Parts too and love it, my brother got his used from craigslist but I wanted a valid warranty so I got it here. Borla Parts Exhaust 14942, or you can try one of the sponsors here on the forum, they are allways having sales/specials. Either way its a great exhaust system, sounds great, and very easy to install.

I have the Borla Parts too and love it, my brother got his used from craigslist but I wanted a valid warranty so I got it here. Borla Parts Exhaust 14942, or you can try one of the sponsors here on the forum, they are allways having sales/specials. Either way its a great exhaust system, sounds great, and very easy to install.

you do know that this is a year old right :confused: