American Racing Torque Thrust Wheels

well, i can finally afford a set of wheels, so my stock wheels are finally getting replaced... im torn on whether to get the chrome torque thrusts or the black, since my red sss has black hockey stripes and blacked out grill/ brake vents... here are some links to the wheels (im looking to get the 20's) ... let me know what you think

http://asp.americanracing.com/dealerline/b...mega/m105MB.jpg

or

http://asp.americanracing.com/dealerline/b.../mega/m605M.jpg

now seeing that i have no knowledge of offsets and what not, if i went with the 20's which would i have to get?? also i know the bolt patterns are different so would i need an adapter??

http://www.americanracing.com/browse_ar.asp

thanks for everyones help!

I Like the Black touque thrust. ( I think they make a six spoke one, in a six lug)

Definatelly only buy 22" wheels (IMO)

Never run an adapter, :nono: those are lame on so many level's.

Offest on stock 20's are +22.

Negative offset, makes the tires stick out past the wheels well's, (truck will look like a skate board)

More Positive offset pulls the wheels closer to the frame.

Personally I try to shoot for about as much positve offset as I can get away with on lowered street truck's, so you can tuck the Fender if needed.

hope that helps

~Danny

I think they make a six spoke one, in a six lug

I hope you are right about this. I also wanted a set of these wheels, so I looked into them before. When I looked at them, they only had five spoke, five lug wheels.

The next wheel on my list was this one, made by GM:

06557ebaf3.jpg

If you find that the torque thrusts are now made in six lug, please let me know.

Mike

EDIT: I just checked their site again, they now have it in six lug. I think I like it better in a five lug. What do you think?

b104.jpgb604.jpg

Mike

Edited by Vortec MAX (see edit history)

I agree with big O the black blacks your rims look smaller from personal experince Once you get up close and start looking at them you can tell how big they but they do like 18 to 19 inches standing back.

Honestly tho i do love being able to run some meaty tires with 20's

EDIT: I just checked their site again, they now have it in six lug. I think I like it better in a five lug. What do you think?

b104.jpgb604.jpg

Mike

Hankg42 has the version on the left, they look awesome on his truck. :chevy:

slight hi jack ,

i like those wheels alot but to me they belong on a muscle car or maybe in an ss id have to see them first though.

there is a guy with the grey ones at my work , they dont look bad but he has alot of chrome accents :nonod:

here is a lil shot of them on the maro but this pic is old it looks a bit different now, ( smoked tails and going to be dropped with koni/bmr suspension by the end of the month)

DSC01163.jpg

DSC01162.jpg

DSC01165.jpg

notice the lil tiny back tires. lol they still have no help for traction.

hankg42 those look real nice!! i wanted black but they dont make the 6 lug in black, only the competition grey and chrome.... can someone help me out though, when i go to tirerack.com they only have the grey ones listed to fit our trucks, even though they make the exact same wheel in chrome...

hankg42 those look real nice!! i wanted black but they dont make the 6 lug in black, only the competition grey and chrome.... can someone help me out though, when i go to tirerack.com they only have the grey ones listed to fit our trucks, even though they make the exact same wheel in chrome...

Call Tirerack.com. Their number is listed on the web site. That's where I got my wheels (and tires). They were very helpful on the phone. I'm sure if they have the chrome ones, they can help you.

American Racing only makes the Torq-Thrust ST in Chrome and Magnesium Grey centers. They only do it in a 20 x 8.5" as well. No 22's!!

They also have this one that is available in 20, 22 and 24". It is 5 spoke design with 6 lugs under the cap. It is available in Chrome and Black Spokes with a Stainless Lip.

m637.jpg

m337.jpg

Edited by AUTOGUY (see edit history)