Relocating Door Lock

04BlackSSS2

would any of you guys know how to relocate a door lock. for example if i were to get shaved door handles, they run off your battery to open your door. what if your battery dies. then you have no way to get in you truck because you have no key hole. do any of you guys know another way to get your door open??? :chevy::chevy: Thanks

a remote button will not help in the case of a dead battery in the truck. I have been thinkin of doin this for a while. here is my thought. add a remote power supply chargin port for your truck. similar to the ones people use to disconnect their plows, they can be had at an auto parts store along with a cover to keep water out. i have one on my truck already and its hidden up by the frame rail. no one knows its there. this way, you just plug in some jumpr cables to another battery and away you go.

if you need help or have more questions let me know in a PM

are trucks or easy to get the hood open look through the grill you can see the cable release with a long screwdriver you can push it over and pop hood open then hook up to battery i have been through this before myself my efans got stuck on killing battery and i have no out side key lock holes mark :cheers:

I've worked with a lot of trucks with shaved handles, and showed a few... most kits have mechanisms or latches hidden in the jam, we started hiding things in the bed rails to grab that latch with... they are a pain in the butt, but it saves you from having to call a wrecker or breaking the window... also if the charge is low, sometimes you can pull the door open as you hit the switch... I got locked out of our duramax for a few hours not fun, especially when that thing had 2 optima yellow tops, both dead