Lost To Rice..

firervfd37

rice is reference to any vehicle that is modded in a horrible fashion. I know plenty of imports done up nice and make plenty of power and run good ETs

I am sure there are some fast/nice imports out there, but when it comes down to it most of them are still rice. It is just a matter of opinion, that's all.

I am sure there are some fast/nice imports out there, but when it comes down to it most of them are still rice. It is just a matter of opinion, that's all.

but what makes it rice? cause the manufactors orignated from overseas? does it matter they are made in the US where as alot of US vehicles arent made here? theres alot of domestics that are rice. It just gets old almost 10 yrs later and ppl are still saying all imports are rice cause of a movie. I guess im just old

but what makes it rice? cause the manufactors orignated from overseas? does it matter they are made in the US where as alot of US vehicles arent made here? theres alot of domestics that are rice. It just gets old almost 10 yrs later and ppl are still saying all imports are rice cause of a movie. I guess im just old

I am not going to get into this age old argument with you in the middle of someone's thread, I am entitled to my own opinion as is everyone else on this planet. Save it, I am done with this topic....................

I will say being RWD my SSS pulls like a bear up top especially from 65-90 or so...

oh yah my truck is 2wd also and pulls damn good from about 65-70mph.

I'm not saying my truck doesn't pull strong up top. It does ... surprisingly so for it's weight and lack of aerodynamics. I am saying that my Maxima pulls harder on top because it is not pushing as much air ... not because it has a better power to weight ratio.

In my truck, first and second gears are very quick, but it slows down when it hits third. That's what I notice anyway. It just doesn't set you back in your seat that much in third. I can punch the Maxima at 80 and it will still set you back in the seat pretty good. It's just the difference in aerodynamics.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
unless you got boost......stick to 0-80 races....its the only shot you got

even then, with a magnacharger 112 it doesn't pull very hard up top from my experience.. so i'd just stick with 0-80 races, unless you're chase, mark or supersub.

even from a dig i would be very worried. the eclipse/talon/laser ( DSM cars ) were available in a few different levels. the higher up being the gst/gsx or tsi ( for eagle ). the gst was turbo fwd and once you modded it left alot to be desired in the traction department. the gsx and tsi awd were all wheel drive and had the 4g63 iron block in it ( same as all the evos up till now). that engine was bullet proof and could be made very fast for relatively cheap. if its the awd version and took some time to spool up id say he had a aftermarket turbo (16g or bigger) cause the stock turbo had basically zero lag. watch out for these. i used to have one and would surprise f bodies and mustangs all the time.

ricers are slow from a dead stop, all they do is pack the front tires. Just keep a look out for a front mount intercooler.lol I haven't really found a good ricer to race yet, only raced civics and acura's(rsx) and they all had bolt-ons, no turbos.

Actually the term "Rice" actually came about because of the high strung / high RPM 4 cyl motors. Have you heard a high speed grinder used for processing foods? The term rice does not only apply to the overseas cars it was applied to any 4 cylinder auto. Having owned a lot of cars I have fit into that title as well but you know what it comes down to?

My 12 second SRT 4 and other Misc turbo dodges could be called what ever you wanted to call them but the majority of people where lookin at my tail lights. All of the cars no matter what they are come with a stereo type. Drive what you want and make it worth it !

Dave Jr

It's okay bro, at least like u said, he was cool. And like the others here said, maybe u can run him a again and get different results from a dead stop take-off!!! :driving:

Heck, I like ur G/F already and I haven't even met ya'll before.... :D

"the only good thing was my g/f was with me and said hey you may have lost but he had a guy in his passenger seat..."

Edited by Bad Bowtie (see edit history)

It's okay bro, at least like u said, he was cool. And like the others here said, maybe u can run him a again and get different results from a dead stop take-off!!! :driving:

Heck, I like ur G/F already and I haven't even met ya'll before.... :D

"the only good thing was my g/f was with me and said hey you may have lost but he had a guy in his passenger seat..."

Depending on what model the Eclipse was, a dead stop race may not be any more acceptable. The Eclipse GSX was all wheel drive !