Lost To Rice..

firervfd37

while enroute to ocean city i was cruising along and noticed a eclipse with atleast cat back exhaust on it. so i go by no biggie....but then he comes back next to me and stares for a second and i am not one to back down so we go from about a 65-70 mph roll. looked good for about 2 seconds i had a truck length..until what do i hear...a damn turbo kicking in and that was about all she wrote. atleast he was cool cause he got off at the next exit and did a wave but no ricer shit. the only good thing was my g/f was with me and said hey you may have lost but he had a guy in his passenger seat...

while enroute to ocean city i was cruising along and noticed a eclipse with atleast cat back exhaust on it. so i go by no biggie....but then he comes back next to me and stares for a second and i am not one to back down so we go from about a 65-70 mph roll. looked good for about 2 seconds i had a truck length..until what do i hear...a damn turbo kicking in and that was about all she wrote. atleast he was cool cause he got off at the next exit and did a wave but no ricer shit. the only good thing was my g/f was with me and said hey you may have lost but he had a guy in his passenger seat...

all too familiar.. that's why i've got more cubes in the works.

maybe next time..

Well, if it makes you feel better, he won in his element. If it had been from a dig, it might have turned out differently.

I have noticed that my truck is seriously quick up to 60 or 70 mph, but then slows down considerably. This is because it is about as aerodynamic as a bully barn. The force of air resistance increases exponentially as speed increases. If I remember right, it is squared...meaning the force of the wind at 30 MPH is not just doubled, but four times as much at 60 MPH, and 16 times as much at 120.

This is why cars with a much smaller frontal area and drag coefficient can outrun us at higher speeds. My Maxima gets stomped by my truck from 0-60, but from 60-90, my Maxima runs like a beast. It is more to do with aerodynamics than power to weight ratio.

So, considering that, I think you held your own quite well :)

Mike

Well, if it makes you feel better, he won in his element. If it had been from a dig, it might have turned out differently.

I have noticed that my truck is seriously quick up to 60 or 70 mph, but then slows down considerably.

:withstupid: I will say being RWD my SSS pulls like a bear up top especially from 65-90 or so, its a lot softer in first gear due to traction issues :chevy:

oh yah my truck is 2wd also and pulls damn good from about 65-70mph. but once that turbo built boost it was all over with...i let off about 95 or so and he was just walking away...oh well one day we'll meet at a light and see how it goes from there until about 70 haha...basically just into second gear

yah import i was having a bad brain fart when i wrote the first post and all i could think of was rice....dont mean to offend anyone...

Whats the difference? It was a Mitsubishi Eclipse= Japanese Import = Ricer............I don't see the problem, we are all Chevy guys here. :chevy:

Whats the difference? It was a Mitsubishi Eclipse= Japanese Import = Ricer............I don't see the problem, we are all Chevy guys here. :chevy:

rice is reference to any vehicle that is modded in a horrible fashion. I know plenty of imports done up nice and make plenty of power and run good ETs