Painted Calipers

mbarnes

i painted my brake calipers last weekend sorry no pics. just thought id give a quick once over of what i did. first of course put up on jack stands and remove calipers ( i chose to paint on the truck was painting a ram air hood for a friend and didnt want to bleed the brakes lazy ass) first spray down calipers w brake parts cleaner and once over w scotch brite pad then spray w cleaner again and wipe down w rag. sprayed one thick coat of EPOXY primer (will hold up better to the heat) you dont have to let the primer dry just flash off next spray two good coats of base color ( i chose red) apply decals if wanted i used SS. make sure you stick them down VERY well. then apply two coats of clear. if you dont like the idea of leaving vinyl decal on those hot calipers try this let the primer completly dry and place the decals on the caliper spray youre base color and once its dry remove the decals to show youre primer gray logo then clear. not very in depth i know but maybe it will help someone out.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WORTHLESS, trying to pass on a little info, whatever. i was just trying to let everyone know you dont have to buy some special caliper painting kit and that epoxy primer would be more durable than 2k primer. anyway ill try to post some pics but im sure everyone knows what a gloss red caliper looks like. ive learned alot from small posts like this one on this site just trying to give a little back.

• 2 weeks later...
WORTHLESS, trying to pass on a little info, whatever. i was just trying to let everyone know you dont have to buy some special caliper painting kit and that epoxy primer would be more durable than 2k primer. anyway ill try to post some pics but im sure everyone knows what a gloss red caliper looks like. ive learned alot from small posts like this one on this site just trying to give a little back.

Hey calm down he didnt mean anything by that post. we use that everytime someone talks about a mod and doesnt post pics. Thanks for the info.

alright maybe i over reacted it just pisses me off to see people make smartass comments and put a little :jester: next to it and that makes it ok. especially when i see a newbie ask a question and someone replies " hey dumbass use the search button :jester: ". no one here was born with the knowledge they possess if you took the time to post a smartass comment you may as well have just posted a link. anyways no offense taken. and about the pics when i get the flames on the truck ill take a pic of it and the callipers.

alright maybe i over reacted it just pisses me off to see people make smartass comments and put a little :jester: next to it and that makes it ok. especially when i see a newbie ask a question and someone replies " hey dumbass use the search button :jester: ". no one here was born with the knowledge they possess if you took the time to post a smartass comment you may as well have just posted a link. anyways no offense taken. and about the pics when i get the flames on the truck ill take a pic of it and the callipers.

Its all cool but you need to develope a thicker skin and realize that we all mess with each other on here and the jester is meant to show you he was playing with you.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...