Boom! Son Of A B***h

yes ive thought about it.. but to be honest.. i trust this site more then any place else right now.. but cause there honest and have nothing to get from me just tryin to help me..where some place thats going to want soemthing from me will some times just try to get your check book out where it may not be needed..but once i learn alittle bit more about what this trucks like..i will probly call them..i have another place in town that i like they do alot of the work for me on the camaro

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

get rid of the radix? really?? it seems like it would cost alot more money to build an n/a motor.. that would give me the same results as what i have/ well had..lol to make it run loww 12s or high 11s is what i was going for.. and it was runnin low 12 already..

so it seems to me it would be to put some forgred pistons and a cam and headers and alittle tunin :cheers: that sould put it just about right at my goal and still have a DD

ive thought about the 370.. but i dont see if it would make that much of a difference

seems like there are other guys runnin in the 11s on a stock motor..atleast i thought. so i dont see why i couldnt do a 11.99

unless theres something im missing

You are missing alot of the blood, sweat, and tears that went into those handful of 11 second passes. A well built 408 with a 150 shot would get you there alot easier than the radix. Also, one 11 sec truck used a vortech which is a whole different ballgame. Krambo has a well thought out cam, probably dozens, if not hundreds of hours of tuning. He also has a meth kit that is required to make the power he has. Can high 11's be done with a radix? Absolutely. What we are saying is that you are going to shell out at least $3k for a rebuild to run the radix. You could sell your radix kit if its still in useable condition for at least $3k, maybe a little more considering everything you have to go with it. You can get a well built 408 with 550whp for under $7k. Add a $1,000 wet N2O kit with bottle heater, window switches, and N2O controller and hello 11's without alot of issues. I guess it really boils down to how much down time you want and what you really want in the truck to do. I personally dont want to work with meth and I plan on a 408 with N2O after I'm done with the radix, probably in a year or so. I dont like dealing with the heat in the summer with the radix.

well i hope what i was sayin didnt come of the wrong way.. i have alot of respect for the blood sweat and tears..that hits all to close to home.. ive been doin the same thing.. ive had my camaro sence i was 18.. and put wayy to much money. sweat.. and ive got the scares to show where the blood came from..lol so i can all the more respect for those guys..

what im tryin to say.. is i like the 408s.. but seems like they run about the same n/a give or take as a radix can..im just starting my jorney with the silverado.. and plan on makin it another project where i can earn some respect for the blood sweat and tears i put in to it but i know that will take awhile..so all i have to go by is what im told..

and that is that the truck went 12.3 at 111. now that shows me that thats alittle left for that mph for a 12.3 and theres no cam or even headers yet..or meth.. but i dont plan on using meth.. now i havent had the truck in the summer so im not sure what its like yet

basicly its hard for me to justfy spending a few grand more building a motor that i have to spray to beat the set up i have now.. and if i make a few changes..cam ..headers..to be pretty damn close

im not looking to beat those guys..this was suppost to be my DD.. but its way to addicting and i cant ever leave anything alone.haha thats what happened to my camaro .. i just wanted a cruzer.. and now its a 9second on spra ride and i miss haven a quick street dd

thanks for the topic to debate..im tryin to learn as fast as i can..haha hope im not way off on my thinking

would you rather have

1. all year 12.5ish

2. temp limited 11.9

I think this might be the easy way to look at it. the radix in the summer is a heat pump and once the temps get in the 80's alot of your power is gone. But if you sold the radix and put that into NA engine then you would come out a little slower but all the time. These trucks are addicting and so many have done great things in very different ways...I constantly am torn between FI and NA.

i was worried u would say that something might have gottin in there? what do u mean calibration?.. it was a 2.9 pulley

i know u probly cant tell me with out seing it.. but what kinda price im i lookin at? i have no idea what it cost to have it looked at.. and what kinda damage could be done if any? thankss

I would think it odd if the gas was the culprit. I ran a tank of some mid grade gas once when I was in Kings Canyon, low on gas and far from a civilized gas station with premuim. I was able to tow the trailer out without any pinging. I was extra careful not to get into boost going up the grades, though.

There is a difference though between midgrade gas on a stock Radix tune running in higher temps with more timing pulled as well as higher altitudes keeping the boost level down on a stock pulley or a 3.1". Running regular fuel made that worse as well as being at lower altitude and cool air making for more boost. Half throttle with a 2.9" pulley in temps cold enough to be snowing is going to be 4-5psi of boost (roughly). If you recall, this truck went 12.300 with very few mods including a stock cam because it was very agressively tuned (multiple tuners, with me included). The problem may have been present from before the regular fuel incident and that brought it to the surface, but that sure didn't help at all. That is the truck with the miracle Radix on it anyway making more boost than any 112 I've seen on an SSS.

well zippy u would probly know more then anyone.. sence u had your hands on it before i got it...so u understand why hate to change the set up .. because it ran damn strong.. but your also the one who thought i should just start over with a new set up.. so thats why im alittle confused still..

ya i see that.. that would be nice..pretty good price too wish i had the money right now.. but i think i can build mine up to be pretty damn quick. for less then that..well aslong as my blower is ok.. thats got me stressin..i just wanna put in on my bench and rip it apart so il know whats wrong or if its ok