Boom! Son Of A B***h

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear about that. I'd think that your knock sensor wasn't working properly from first guess. At that throttle level you were probably 3-4psi of boost and with the timing that your truck is programmed for, 87 octane is a killer. If the pcm had pulled 8º as it should have (quick enough anyway), you would likely have been safe. You might be better off putting your SSS trans in the Denali and just starting over on the SSS.

zippy.. thanks that makes sence.. kinda what i was thinking.. but im still alittle green to these motors..

thanks again for all the sorrys guys..lol makes me feel alittle better for the holidays

alittle hard to keep your chin up with all 3 of your cars/truck all go down at the same time, well the camaros not down its just at the body shop but not like i could drive that anyways..lol

i wish santa would bring me some things for the ss.. but i think the best i would get would be a box of bandades..lol

i have a chance to get the motor covered under warranty .I HOPE!!!. once i make it all look stock again :jester:

my main think right now is.. is there a chance i did any damage to the radix..i could see some lil frages in the lower intake of the blower.. but is there any chance they could have done anything up higher? and is there anyway to check it? or pull it apart and clean it out .??? i mean it still spins fine but im not sure how worried i should be

zippy.. thanks that makes sence.. kinda what i was thinking.. but im still alittle green to these motors..

thanks again for all the sorrys guys..lol makes me feel alittle better for the holidays

alittle hard to keep your chin up with all 3 of your cars/truck all go down at the same time, well the camaros not down its just at the body shop but not like i could drive that anyways..lol

i wish santa would bring me some things for the ss.. but i think the best i would get would be a box of bandades..lol

i have a chance to get the motor covered under warranty .I HOPE!!!. once i make it all look stock again :jester:

my main think right now is.. is there a chance i did any damage to the radix..i could see some lil frages in the lower intake of the blower.. but is there any chance they could have done anything up higher? and is there anyway to check it? or pull it apart and clean it out .??? i mean it still spins fine but im not sure how worried i should be

The blower is sucking and pushing air into the heads, so I am not sure much would go back into the blower if it is forcing debris down. It can't hurt to check it out and take it apart though just to be safe.

well thats what i was thinking it would be hard for me to belive anything could get sucked in to something that way.. but the way my luck is.. i just would feel better.. my luck i would put a new motor in .. and there was a piece stuck some where and it would pop the new motor.. :mad:

ive never had one apart.. so i dont know if its something i sould or souldnt mess with i would hate to mess something up.. but they look farly simple i just dont know if i need any gaskets or if theres anything i could do wrong..lol

Since its going to take a little while to get the motor buttoned up, I would think about sending it out for a little R&R while the motor is down. It couldnt hurt anyting and wouldnt cost much. I dont know anything about the exact internals of the radix, but bearings can go bad, the rotors in there can be damaged etc. I'm sure someone like blownchevy could help you with that decision more than I could.

Just a note:

When my Supercharged SS, did what your's did, I had piston chunks all the way up to the throttle body.

I would say if it is on top off your valves it is prolly in your blower? Did you pull it off and shake it, turn it over by hand? hear or feal anything?

BTW: I returned my truck to stock and tried to claim warrenty.

first denied because it was "abuse" they said. ( Over rev, flooring it, etc.)

the best quote was, and I swear to god on this, I couldn't make it up!

"You have been Jumping this truck!" I honselty have never jumped my lowered all wheel drive truck, LOL

they said cause both front axle's were twisted that was the only way that could happen.

Any Way I pushed the Issue on the Motor, and they sent out and adjuster and he took pics of my Vacuum line for my boost guage that I left under the dash zip tied out of the way, and the In-Line Booster fuel pump that I left installed.

Then the new reason was "Vehicle not at factory spec".The worst part was I had to pay $1300 for Diagnosis to get my truck back still blowed the F up!

So, be thurow, stick to your story and Good Luck!

~Danny

:mad: well i just got the call this morning.. :fume: the dealership isnt going to help me any.. the manager found out the truck has a blower on it.. for some reason everone at the shop was talkin about it from last time it was there :jester: ..atleast i got a trans and t case out of them with out them finding out :cheers:

so now i got some thinkin to do..do i just slam a motor in it.. or maybe throw a set of good forged pistons in a stock motor? do ya need to forge the whole motor?

or theres always 370 right?

im just not sure of cost of much of anything yet

im just not sure what all is worth doing with a radix before u turn it in to a heat pump im just starting to do research and usin my fav button the search..lol

I just noticed you are in Michigan. Call Schram's Auto in Waterford and see if they have a 6.0L stocker in their warehouse. I think they have one in Grand Rapids too. You could pick it up for much less than a re-build and get it thrown in there. The only reason I mention this is because it sounds like money is a little tight for you on this project.