How Many Use The Delco Pf61 Oil Filter?

Any of you guys do this swap? Just curious what results you had. I know there is obviously more filter volume. How many quarts did your truck take. The engine holds 6 quarts with factory filter. I'm just rambling really. I was curious who all did this. That's all.

Thanks! :chevy:

I know several guys did the swap for the bigger oil filter, but with the Mobil-1 filter M1206. Since it cost the same as the regular Mobil-1 filter, I followed. Mine still did fine with 6qts, but I put in about an extra quarter of a quart. I'm not too sure what the bigger filter does, but I have had no problems.

I know several guys did the swap for the bigger oil filter, but with the Mobil-1 filter M1206. Since it cost the same as the regular Mobil-1 filter, I followed. Mine still did fine with 6qts, but I put in about an extra quarter of a quart. I'm not too sure what the bigger filter does, but I have had no problems.

:withstupid:

:withstupid: the bigger filter has more area/volume to filter (clean) your oil better

I just use the PF46. We've had a few trucks in here at work using conventional oil and the stock/standard PF46 oil filter with well over 300k on the engines. I've never had an engine fail because the oil filter I was using was 2" shorter than I could have been using.