Magnacharger Problems

IT'S FIXED!!! :driving::driving::driving:

Put a new pump in there and overlayed the wiring. I was dropping .5 volts through the Magnvolt box and it wasn't boosting the voltage so I removed it for now.

Just in case anyone wonders, it should put out 17.XX volts (17.31 volts I believe) when the it sees 3 psi of boost and the rpm is over 3000. Mine wasn't doing anything. Not sure if the box is bad or not installed correctly. I will probably send it back to Magnacharger and have them ck it out.

Anyways, now I have 8 amps and the pump works great. Seeing 62 psi, but mine does drop down 2 psi when I stab it. I was watching this on a snap on gauge taped to my windshield. NOTE: if you're having pressure problems, verify your pressures with a mechanical gauge. My autometer gauge either has a wiring problems or is a POS. It reads 49-50 and drops to 41-42 when I stab it.

This corrected the problem slightly. Now it wouldn't add so much fuel (LTFT's) that it would turn on the MIL light and set codes (P0171 & P0174), but it still was adding fuel (LTFT's were in the low 20's at idle) and running shitty. Talked to Brian from Magnacharger some more and he suggested looking at the MAF meter (Thanks Brian!!!). Turns out that the screen had been removed. I swapped it out and the truck ran quite a bit better. My fuel trims went from low 20's at idle to around 15-17%. Truck still wasn't right and was breaking up if you got on it or even under moderate accel. I did a couple of snapshots and the O2's looked pretty Rich and there was 0 knock retard. It really felt like ignition. Found some carbon tracking on a couple of boots and plugs. Replaced the plugs and wires and now the truck runs awesome!!!

The fuel trims still aren't perfect, I see around 15% at idle and 10% in gear. Once, I'm moving they drop very close to 0. I replacing the k & n panel filter with a Volant. Hopefully, this will impact the situation in a postive way as I know the previous owner had a Volant and custom tune. Either way, it runs great now and the fuel economy went from 11's to 15's in city! LMAO!

Sorry for the novel, but hopefully it helps someone out. I know when I research things, I hope the poster puts down as much detail as possible to help me figure out my problem. Thanks guys and take care!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys. I couldn't have done it without everyones support. The information everyone provided me about the trucks history, suggestions, etc, really helped me figure out the problems. Thanks again!!!! :)

P.S. I put the 2.8 pulley on today :cheers: Trucks is fun as hell to drive!!! I'm just wondering when the trans will go agian... :wtf: Take care guys!

thats great to hear, I think FuelSlut might have gotten rid of the truck b/c he could not figure it out...he was having the fuel issue when we were @ W2W on the dyno.

Glad you found the site b/c you seem to know your stuff, which is a good addition around here.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks man. I'm assuming this is Joe from Detroit Speedworks? I didn't know you were on this board.

thats great to hear, I think FuelSlut might have gotten rid of the truck b/c he could not figure it out...he was having the fuel issue when we were @ W2W on the dyno.

Glad you found the site b/c you seem to know your stuff, which is a good addition around here.

LOL!!! I was joking about the trans, but guess what is starting to slip now on the 1-2 shift?..... I think I need a 4L80E---lol!

Thanks guys. I couldn't have done it without everyones support. The information everyone provided me about the trucks history, suggestions, etc, really helped me figure out the problems. Thanks again!!!! :)

P.S. I put the 2.8 pulley on today :cheers: Trucks is fun as hell to drive!!! I'm just wondering when the trans will go agian... :wtf: Take care guys!

That seems about 10 psi to low. Even with my 42# my idle psi was 62 and WOT 58 and now that i have 60# its still the same.

03's have lower fuel pressure at idle and it raises as vacuum lowers/boost rises. 04's do the opposite.

• 3 weeks later...