Magnacharger Problems

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

East Side (Detroit area). I did find out quite a bit by just researching the net and fuelsluts old posts. His name is George and I did give him a call, but he never called back (left voicemail). I've been meaning to try him again, but haven't found time.

I'm very pleased with the truck. That blower makes it a complete joy to drive. The torque is instantaneous and there right now! I love it!!! I've had supercharged vehicles (mustangs namely) but this is a different type of powerband compared to the centrifigals. It's awesome for a daily driver :D

The only thing I'm worried about is that trans....

Edited by slowfive0 (see edit history)

Funny, you should ask.... :crazy: ... Turns out this was Fuel Sluts old truck----small world huh! LOL! ...

:lol: That's Awesome, I always wondered what happened to George's truck, is one of my favorite trucks on the whole site. So glad to see it went to a good home. :thumbs: I guess he kept the top to his Volant, I remember that lid.

Mr. P. :)

Wow, small world! Isn't he in the service? Maybe, he isn't in the states?

Did you guys ever run your trucks against each other? Yours runs awesome. I hope mine is close to that. It feels like it. What kind of timing/iat's are you seeing at the top of 1st? I'm seeing only 11 degrees/130's (Tech 2). From what I've researched, my truck should be able to tolerate closer to 17 degrees pretty easy. I can't wait to see!!!

Take care.

Yeah he lives 5 min from my house I also called him yestaerday but hasn't returned my calls ... Im in allen park southfield amd outer drive area.

Thanks! I can see why you guys love these trucks so much. I had a 5.3 2000 silverado and I loved that truck. That truck pales in comparison to this one in every category!

He must have kept it (Volant). I bought a used Volant kit for it and will be going with some e-fans eventually---Are they worth it???

Also, does anyone know for sure what George had done to this trans in its latest form? I'm getting some decent slippage going to 2nd at wot. This is really bad if I rage on it when it is really cold outside. Warmer days it seems to shift decent. From the research I did, it seems like he was going to build it up, but then a couple of months later, he has all of these for sale ads with alto clutches, good band, etc.... I got the impression that he said screw it and sold off the parts that he had accumulated and decided to go off in another direction (namely selling it--lol)???

The servo cover is stock so obviously it doesn't have the billet 4th gear setup. It does shift nicely other then the 1/2 slip. I believe it has a zippy shift kit and some upgraded hard parts (planetaries, beast sunshell, etc), but not sure.

:lol: That's Awesome, I always wondered what happened to George's truck, is one of my favorite trucks on the whole site. So glad to see it went to a good home. :thumbs: I guess he kept the top to his Volant, I remember that lid.

I know who has the lid :devil: . ImposterSS made it, JFYI. :thumbs:

I think he kept covering them under warranty, so they were stock rebuilds, but dont know for sure.

Do you still have the TBSS steering wheel? I like that upgrade, it is perforated.

Nope traded it to me real sharp top btw good job Stewart. Slow5 If you want to trade back I'll trade the volant with ram air for yours + $200.00. Yours was mine before. Edit.. nevermind I saw you have one already.

Edited by oscareltemblo (see edit history)

NOpe stock wheel still. I guess he must have swapped it back out.

I know who has the lid :devil: . ImposterSS made it, JFYI. :thumbs:

I think he kept covering them under warranty, so they were stock rebuilds, but dont know for sure.

Do you still have the TBSS steering wheel? I like that upgrade, it is perforated.

That's cool. I don't have the ram air piece but I did pick up the basic volant setup. I had a hard time getting the radix tube to fit properly between the tb and the volant box. Basically, acts like the volant box is an 1" too far back in the truck or the motor is too far forward. Does this make any sense and has anyone had this happen to them? That rubber elbox (flex joint) is bent pretty decent to take it up right now.

P.S. Did you guys ever race?

Nope traded it to me real sharp top btw good job Stewart. Slow5 If you want to trade back I'll trade the volant with ram air for yours + $200.00. Yours was mine before. Edit.. nevermind I saw you have one already.

That's cool. I don't have the ram air piece but I did pick up the basic volant setup. I had a hard time getting the radix tube to fit properly between the tb and the volant box. Basically, acts like the volant box is an 1" too far back in the truck or the motor is too far forward. Does this make any sense and has anyone had this happen to them? That rubber elbox (flex joint) is bent pretty decent to take it up right now.

P.S. Did you guys ever race?

You are missing a peice accordian type tube.