Magnacharger Problems

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I would drop the tank and double-check that there is a high-volume pump as well as fresh filter. And I would not take *anything* for granted, after you get the fuel pressure up to where it is supposed to be at idle, I would take the truck to a reputable tuner just to make sure it was tuned correctly. Mr. P. :)

More I think about this, this is a good suggestion. The worst part on the 04+ installs is dropping the tank to swap out the pump. The original owner could of had a voltage booster on the in-tank stocker and removed it just prior to selling it in alternative of actually installing the walbro. I've heard of this being done. :wtf:

Thats not good news to hear a vendor say that...Thats the LAST thing I want to hear about a product on my truck. However, there are lots of kits out there with tens of thousands of miles without failure. We do push the limits on these trucks.

Did anyone ask this gentleman to see what size pulley he is running also? I know its not fuel related, but certainly could be causing detonation. Also, is the intercooler flowing properly as well?

Thats not good news to hear a vendor say that...Thats the LAST thing I want to hear about a product on my truck. However, there are lots of kits out there with tens of thousands of miles without failure. We do push the limits on these trucks.

Did anyone ask this gentleman to see what size pulley he is running also? I know its not fuel related, but certainly could be causing detonation. Also, is the intercooler flowing properly as well?

Problem here is tech support all of the way around, that's why I'm asking here. Magna tech support pointing to fueling problems with Magna-volt booster and/or fuel pump replacement. Have now tried both with pull and put technique, but lacking real diagnostic aids to move further. Am familiar with stock setups on GM and like, but seeing these mods and the minor butchery involved has thrown me for somewhat of a loop. It doesn't help that the only paperwork I've been working off of turns out to be for a different vintage setup (fuel filter and pressure regulator for instance) and the fact I didn't realize GM changed the fueling system so significantly from '03-'04. The input thus far has been great, and once I'm dug out of the snow we'll get back to work on this thing. Keep the info/ideas coming and I'll keep checking.

it's identical to a problem with a stock vehicle. It's runniing lean, your fuel trims will be way off. you already found the problem, being the low fuel pressure, now you just need to dig a little deeper. it's behind the rail, either the pump, or wiring. those are the only two thing that will create this problem.

I've heard of a few complains about people experiencing detonation with the Magnuson supercharger. Unfortunately their tech support has been slipping so it's been harder to get the issues resolved.

Funny, I am willing to bet you have not heard anything of the sort. Settle down Tom, it seems you do not want to play nice :wtf: Our kits DO NOT have issues with detonation out of the box, and I am 100% sure you know this.

Thats not good news to hear a vendor say that...Thats the LAST thing I want to hear about a product on my truck.

Do not worry about your product, we are and will continue to be the #1 provider of GM forced induction in the nation.

The vendor in question is not an Authorized Magna Charger Dealer. The Tech support here is top notch, pick up the phone and call us. I guarantee you we will exhaust EVERY avenue of support to help a customer with their issues. Do not believe everything you read on the web, SOME people have a mission behind their madness.

Problem here is tech support all of the way around, that's why I'm asking here. Magna tech support pointing to fueling problems with Magna-volt booster and/or fuel pump replacement. Have now tried both with pull and put technique, but lacking real diagnostic aids to move further. Am familiar with stock setups on GM and like, but seeing these mods and the minor butchery involved has thrown me for somewhat of a loop. It doesn't help that the only paperwork I've been working off of turns out to be for a different vintage setup (fuel filter and pressure regulator for instance) and the fact I didn't realize GM changed the fueling system so significantly from '03-'04. The input thus far has been great, and once I'm dug out of the snow we'll get back to work on this thing. Keep the info/ideas coming and I'll keep checking.

I have worked with you quite a bit on this issue, we have pointed you in the right direction with the fuel delivery issue. The one thing that came as a surprise is the fact that the truck is running a smaller (Nelson) pulley and more than likely a After market tune. I am sorry that the original person you spoke too confused your issue with a potential MagnaVolt problem. These systems DO NOT come with a Magna Volt, and the possibility of there being an issue that the previous owner was attempting to cover up by adding that part is high....hence the reason you found it at a vehicle auction. I hate to day it but you might want to accept the possibility that you bought someone else's problem.

As I stated a few different times on the phone, it is difficult to trouble shoot some issues over the phone. It is the equivalent of throwing a dart in the dark. Most of the issues that we come across are from one of two things:

1. Install Issue

2. Suffering from improvement (i.e. smaller pulley and after market tune)

I wish that you were a local boy, I would be more than happy to put my hands on your truck and work out the issue in person.

Metromatt, you have my number and extension feel free to discuss this further if you would like.

I did not have detonation issues with the stock pulley/setup, but do with a 2.9 pulley making 7 lbs that I or no one else can figure out :mad:-----This is not Maggies fault

But to the CS issue I do agree on. I Have been trying to speak with Mag for the last 6 days with no avail until today...fianlly got through. Their phone number "could not except my call at this time" all week. I still have not had any reply from the two emails I have sent them over the passt 6 days. When it was time to buy the SC I got a response within an hour. Today I finally got through and talked to someone named Brian who knew NOTHING about the sapcer fro the idler pullies that everybody has. Surely this is not the Blwnchevy Brian becasue he did not know a blownchevy or know about any forums :rolleyes: Wasn't the sweetest guy in the world either as blownchevy is not anymore when I just need a little rinky dink spacer that doesn't cost much.....Ohhh, but when I was wnating the charger we were best friends :cheers: Cannot get in touch with the guy that Brian use to work with either that sold me the charger (Jeff Price Auto). Had to get this off my chest because these type of business practices piss me off and quite frankly make me sick.

Hell, I'd be looking into a 122 or TVS right now had I been treated with some respect after buying a $5k piece of equipment from them END RANT :mad:

sorry to bust any bubbles

Edited by supraman (see edit history)

I did not have detonation issues with the stock pulley/setup, but do with a 2.9 pulley making 7 lbs that I or no one else can figure out :mad:-----This is not Maggies fault

But to the CS issue I do agree on. I Have been trying to speak with Mag for the last 6 days with no avail until today...fianlly got through. Their phone number "could not except my call at this time" all week. I still have not had any reply from the two emails I have sent them over the passt 6 days. Today I finally got through and talked to someone named Brian who knew NOTHING about the sapcer fro the idler pullies that everybody has. Surely this is not the Blwnchevy Brian becasue he did not know a blownchevy or know about any forums :rolleyes: Wasn't the sweetest guy in the world either as blownchevy is not anymore when I just need a little rinky dink sapcer that doesn't cost much.....Ohhh, but when I was wnating the charger we were best friends :cheers: Cannot get in touch with the guy that Brian use to work with either that sold me the charger (Jeff Price Auto). Had to get this off my chest because these type of business practices piss me off and quite frankly make me sick.

Hell, I'd be looking into a 122 or TVS right now had I been treated with some respect after buying a $5k piece of equipment from them END RANT :mad:

sorry to bust any bubbles

What pisses you off and makes you sick?

Emails can get caught up in a filter, more than likely that is the case. If you did not get the sacracsim in my voice I am sorry, you asked if I knew some guy named "blownchevy" and I chuckled and said "noooo".....well it was me. I am ball buster and was just havin fun. I thought for sure you knew that, my bad. On a side note, I am the same guy that was at JPA, and I am the same old guy that will take care of you in a time of need. No need to get pissed off, it was a joke.

and BTW, your credit card was never charged other than the shipping. No Bubbles busted, just mis communication. Geez, I wish everyone would just lighten up! Check my record, I am not going anywhere.

What pisses you off and makes you sick?

Emails can get caught up in a filter, more than likely that is the case. If you did not get the sacracsim in my voice I am sorry, you asked if I knew some guy named "blownchevy" and I chuckled and said "noooo".....well it was me. I am ball buster and was just havin fun. I thought for sure you knew that, my bad. On a side note, I am the same guy that was at JPA, and I am the same old guy that will take care of you in a time of need. No need to get pissed off, it was a joke.

and BTW, your credit card was never charged other than the shipping. No Bubbles busted, just mis communication. Geez, I wish everyone would just lighten up! Check my record, I am not going anywhere.

Dude that was far from a joke, you "acted" like you didn't even know what I was talking about...I was ready to hang up and call back to talk to someone who did.....that's funny? You just made yourself look like an ASS :D