Ordering New Ss Concept

KaOs5582

these would be like Regency trucks except they have a locking diff and s/c & arent dropped...n2m my regency has nicer wheels...and they're 10k less than the regency?

i dont know where you got that from....the thing about RST's is that they are a basic work truck with stuff added.....no leather wrapped steering wheel. no keyless entry.no onstar etc.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

you know where the testing for these would be right, denver, death valley, and probably somewhere near Houston... so get a spy sat and watch it 24-7 and then we'll know for sure.. besides the vortec-max was a little disappointing, as was the new duramax, even the new 1500 with the duramax will be disapointing b/c of the tree huggers, i mean EPA... so they better find some way to stop letting the truck market down or they'll be in the same boat as the swear word... ford

Edited by Drew Blue (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Well, there is a dealership here thats saying they are selling the new 2008 single cab shortbox SS, 2WD, with 315HP for $42,500 Cdn, so is this true???? It has the badging and everything elese, but the HP seems alittle off, shouldn't it have more if it at least has the 6.0L?

Well, there is a dealership here thats saying they are selling the new 2008 single cab shortbox SS, 2WD, with 315HP for $42,500 Cdn, so is this true???? It has the badging and everything elese, but the HP seems alittle off, shouldn't it have more if it at least has the 6.0L?

I swear there ought to be a law against this stuff. If they don't admit it's a clone, or a "special edition", then I think it's deceptive advertising. :nonod:

5.3L = 315 hp 338 lb.-ft.

So basically what the dealer is doing is taking a base Silverado... sticking some badges on the side and adding $10k to the pricetag in the hopes that ignorant suckers buy it.

In Canada, where?

I swear there ought to be a law against this stuff. If they don't admit it's a clone, or a "special edition", then I think it's deceptive advertising. :nonod:

There is a law. The thing is that when you sign the papers on the truck the papers will not say anything about SS. Don't ask don't tell or dismiss the question all together. Ex-car salesman here. Got tired of the games so now I sell Stainless Steel.

• 3 months later...
i dont know where you got that from....the thing about RST's is that they are a basic work truck with stuff added.....no leather wrapped steering wheel. no keyless entry.no onstar etc.

this is kind of a late realization of this post but yes the regency's do have leather wrapped steering wheel...no keyless or onstar however is correct

• 3 weeks later...
you know where the testing for these would be right, denver, death valley, and probably somewhere near Houston... so get a spy sat and watch it 24-7 and then we'll know for sure.. besides the vortec-max was a little disappointing, as was the new duramax, even the new 1500 with the duramax will be disapointing b/c of the tree huggers, i mean EPA... so they better find some way to stop letting the truck market down or they'll be in the same boat as the swear word... ford

I would wait and see about the new 1500 with a dmax. If it is that new 4.8 they got it looks promising. Last I saw was around 250hp and 500ft-tq. Might be nice and then again might end up crap once it is installed.

"crosses fingers"

as far as i know SS stands for super sport.

that website is advertising it as Super Street. which still has the SS initials, but isnt exactly what GM refers to it as. so its just a marketing scam, doesnt break any laws that seem relevant.

Edited by travisn (see edit history)

my dad works for gm. i asked him about this and he said the exact same thing that lethal wrote. plus the price is crazy high. mabey if were lucky they will come out with one.