Blower Motor Won't Shut Off=dead Battery

smit

Got out of work today to find my battery stone dead. Problem is the HVAC blower motor stays on even with ignition off. I had to pull the fuse to stop. I did a search and I guess it is somewhat common problem with GM. Did not find a common cause. Control module? Blower resistor?

Since I have an extended warranty, the dealer will get this one. Anybody know the cure?

Got out of work today to find my battery stone dead. Problem is the HVAC blower motor stays on even with ignition off. I had to pull the fuse to stop. I did a search and I guess it is somewhat common problem with GM. Did not find a common cause. Control module? Blower resistor?

Since I have an extended warranty, the dealer will get this one. Anybody know the cure?

It could be either. But I would say the control module, because when the blower resistor goes, your HVAC will not work at all (will not blow any air), or will only blow air on some settings and not on others. Good Luck.

It could be either. But I would say the control module, because when the blower resistor goes, your HVAC will not work at all (will not blow any air), or will only blow air on some settings and not on others. Good Luck.

:withstupid: I would lean towards the control module

The blower motor resister has the high speed relay built into it. Usually these relays stay on from a combination of burnt up circuit boards and sticking relay contacts. This one caused inoperative low speed settings. The updated resistors have the circuit boards incased in a some kind of thick material.

DSC00813.jpg

The blower motor resister has the high speed relay built into it. Usually these relays stay on from a combination of burnt up circuit boards and sticking relay contacts. This one caused inoperative low speed settings. The updated resistors have the circuit boards incased in a some kind of thick material.

DSC00813.jpg

Blower motor resistor was replaced by dealer. Works as advertised. Thanks for the input.