The "shark Fin" Antenna - Xm/onstar 2006

Ok so i definitely slipped and didnt finish the topic title lol The "Shark Fin" Antenna

For anyone who likes the appearance of the "shark fin" style antenna that comes on 2006+ vehicles, the gm/ac delco part number is #15194280

there used to be one on the passenger side, and the drivers side is the onstar. Now they transitioned to just the shark fin style for both, FYI guys.

You can get it at www.gmpartsdirect.com. Here is their listing for that part number.

GM PART # 15194280

CATEGORY: Power Radio Antenna Module

PACK QTY: 1 CORE CHARGE: $0.00

GM LIST: $151.81

OUR PRICE: $78.94

DESCRIPTION: MODULE

http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/3...outside3tz.jpg

Edited by Tyler's Touch (see edit history)

replaces both, GM transitioned to these in the 2006+ models that came equipped with xm and onstar, so it works with both. I just thought id post this up cuz it looks cool :) As far as the body shop quoted you 900 that cant be accurate, all it does is slide onto a metal rod that goes into wires in the headliner...

As far as the body shop quoted you 900 that cant be accurate, all it does is slide onto a metal rod that goes into wires in the headliner...

I'm fairly certain that included them filling the hole, sanding, painting, and buffing it out too.... which on the roof would be a PITA so $900 seems justifiable.

replaces both, GM transitioned to these in the 2006+ models that came equipped with xm and onstar, so it works with both. I just thought id post this up cuz it looks cool :) As far as the body shop quoted you 900 that cant be accurate, all it does is slide onto a metal rod that goes into wires in the headliner...

Still doesn't really answer my question... I'm curious if there would be two of these on the roof at the same time, or not. One on the driver's side for OnStar AND one on the passenger's side for XM, or JUST one on the driver's side (that operates both XM and OnStar?)

what I need to find is info on a roof mount radio antenna. since the antenna delete, I lost AM radio. I know alot of you will say "who listens to AM?" but coming home from work at 7pm, during the summer the Sox are on and right now, the Celts are on. I'm an avid sports fan and listen to sports radio all day at work so it kinda drives me nuts that I can't listen to somethihng.

what I need to find is info on a roof mount radio antenna. since the antenna delete, I lost AM radio. I know alot of you will say "who listens to AM?" but coming home from work at 7pm, during the summer the Sox are on and right now, the Celts are on. I'm an avid sports fan and listen to sports radio all day at work so it kinda drives me nuts that I can't listen to somethihng.

Hey Keith ... Did you run a grounding wire, back from the antenna, to the mounting base? That should give you back your AM.

Hey Keith ... Did you run a grounding wire, back from the antenna, to the mounting base? That should give you back your AM.

I did and I get it in some places but a nasty hum for the most part. Throttle hum actually.