How To: Detail Beautifully

kelleyperformance

thought id do a write-up on how i usually wash/wax my vehciles. i detail ALOT ALOT and have found some facts to share with you all who dont want to spend $300 on all those expensive products. theres a simple process, not to expensive (can be used many times).

what youll need:

-3 pack of microfiber towels

-3 pack of applicators

-"absorber" sythetic chamis

-mothers chrome polish (if you have chrome wheels/parts... CHROME not polished lol)

-zymbol HD cleanse

-any brand clay bar (cheaper if you dont get a kit with the stupid quick detail stuff)

-a good soap (i like cherry power)

-mcgauires color-x wax

these can all be found at your local autoparts store (minus the HD cleanse)

so wash the car, and once washed and soap is still on it, its time to clay. make sure the area is soaped up good and stays that way. once you have clayed all areas needed (possibly the whole vehicle), wash off the soap, dry the car. i like synthetic chamis. once dry, use the HD cleanse like wax. apply it to the whole car, and remember, dont go in swirls go forward and back. go easy, HD clease is like rubbing combound, so dont push to hard or scratch. once thats on and off, apply the color-x wax. now you have an AMAZING finsih, at under $80. best thing is you can do it several times with that stuff. the wheels- wash, dry. use mothers polish like wax, but be quick because if it drys you will have to apply again. it will remove a surprising ammount of damage from brake dust, or just make them shinier than you have ever seen. well, thats it. go wax it up!

DSC00300.jpg

DSC00293.jpg

DSC00857.jpg

DSC00866.jpg