Posting Pictures

BenKey

First step is to have the ability to post to the web. A lot of internet service providers (ISPs) provide this at no addit'l cost. For example, my ISP is cox.net and they give 10MB free webspace. Your provider may do the same. Picture trail is a good place to go, if your ISP does not provide space. There are others out there, you just have to search. There will be costs associated.

Once you get webspace, and post that pic to the web, that pic should now have it's own URL. Whether putting into your signature, or starting or responding to a thread that you wanted to add a pic to, it's the same process. You hit the "IMG" button above the reply window. Doing this will make another small window pop up asking for the URL (which you should now have) of the pic being posted. Paste it in there and you should be good to go.

As a tip, when you are posting pics and adding comments, always hit return before and after the URL line that shows up in the dialog box. This will keep comments from being scattered all over the place.

We have a goofing off/testing section at the bottom of the main page to test out things like this. Please go there first to try it out. The size of the pic is important, as well. Doesn't need to be huge. You are better off setting your camera to a lower setting. This will make it where you don't have to go back and resize your photos. Lowest resolution usually works fine.

Hopefully this will answer everyone's questions.

• 1 year later...
  • Admin

I wanted to also add, that if you have over 100 posts, you can use the "upload attachment" feature when making a post to upload pictures. Use the "insert this attachment" feature to place it in a certain spot.

:cheers:

• 2 years later...
I don't see the goofing off/ testing section ???

Seeing that this thread is over 4 years old ... Things have changed on the site/forum. The Testing section is now gone. Just do your best, make an honest attempt to add photos. If there is a problem, then someone (Moderator/Admin) will be along to help.

Archived