Lr4 Question

isnt the 4.8 the same as a 5.3 or 6.0?

"Just to clarify this one last time, the 4.8, 5.3, and 6.0-liter GenIII Vortec engines in the Chevrolet and GMC full-size trucks and SUVs are of a common architecture to the LS1 engines in the Corvette, Camaro, Firebird, and GTO. This means practically all the parts that bolt on the GenIII V-8 powered performance cars will bolt on a GenIII Vortec truck engine." -How to Build High-Performance Chevy LS1/LS6 V-8s by Will Handzel p.119 (lower left)

the 4.8-5.3-6.0-LS1/LS2-etc. are basically the same engine block, the only major differences are in the heads, bore, stroke and block material. So you have many options for your LR4 performance intake manifold, so do some homework with this info and make your decision from there. The truck style intake is better for low end power and torque, which usually peaks @ around 3500rpm, and the car style intakes are good for higher rpm power or around 6000rpm or so.

Edited by montanass (see edit history)

"Just to clarify this one last time, the 4.8, 5.3, and 6.0-liter GenIII Vortec engines in the Chevrolet and GMC full-size trucks and SUVs are of a common architecture to the LS1 engines in the Corvette, Camaro, Firebird, and GTO. This means practically all the parts that bolt on the GenIII V-8 powered performance cars will bolt on a GenIII Vortec truck engine." -How to Build High-Performance Chevy LS1/LS6 V-8s by Will Handzel p.119 (lower left)

the 4.8-5.3-6.0-LS1/LS2-etc. are basically the same engine block, the only major differences are in the heads, bore, stroke and block material. So you have many options for your LR4 performance intake manifold, so do some homework with this info and make your decision from there. The truck style intake is better for low end power and torque, which usually peaks @ around 3500rpm, and the car style intakes are good for higher rpm power or around 6000rpm or so.

thank you VERY much now i can go out & buy that nice chrome bbk one :D

There is no performance truck intake manifold, but you can convert your truck to a car manifold and gain some power. You could change over to a car LS1/LS6 intake or a Fast intake. They will bolt right up to the heads, but you will have some water pump and other conversion to do.

There is no performance truck intake manifold, but you can convert your truck to a car manifold and gain some power. You could change over to a car LS1/LS6 intake or a Fast intake. They will bolt right up to the heads, but you will have some water pump and other conversion to do.
So will the injectors/rails fit from a truck intake to a car intake?

6.0 swap!

my buddy has a 4.8 RST -2005.....always wondered what a 6.0L would be like in that....

i think ist a bad a$ lookin truck but when i pooped the hood i was like boooo..I have no idea why Chip Foose did that

Edited by ss04flores (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
i think ist a bad a$ lookin truck but when i pooped the hood i was like boooo..I have no idea why Chip Foose did that

it was all to keep costs down because 100 + man hours goes into each truck that's why they have a 5 spd...cheaper & more like a muscle car....i was considering the 6.0 swap but i'd rather pull one out of a totalled SSS w/ a radix already on it keep costs real nice and cheap hehehe do the mounts match up? or should i get new ones anyway due to the bigger motor?