Rear Seat Back Mounting Brakets?

BlkSSnCpt

So i got one the guys here at my job to cut up some 2inch square tubing for me, but my guestion is about the the backets on the back of the seat. how do i go about modding those to work??? any help is greatly appreciated... i plan on put some subs in but i want to get everything ready before i go buy my equipment... THNX

-Rob

When I raised my seat with the 2" tubing I didn't have to extend the tabs. The seat will fold down, when you pick up the front of the seat, and pull the back down.

-CL

:confused: sorry dude could u go in to more detail with this cuz im i little confused on wat exactly ur tryin to say... sorry man

-Rob

• 2 weeks later...

there are tabs on the back of the seat that hold the back rest in place. These are the tabs that people cut off to do the fold down rear seat mod. He is saying that if you go with anything over 2 inch tubing you will actually have to extend these tabs an inch or two. However, if you only use 2 inch tubing then you should be able to fold the rear seat down when you lift the bottom of the seat ( a$$ rest) up. So technically you'll be killing two birds with one stone you will have enough room for your subs AND have the seat fold down mod done,too.

BTW- there is a post about this on here somewhere that goes into great detail.

there are tabs on the back of the seat that hold the back rest in place. These are the tabs that people cut off to do the fold down rear seat mod. He is saying that if you go with anything over 2 inch tubing you will actually have to extend these tabs an inch or two. However, if you only use 2 inch tubing then you should be able to fold the rear seat down when you lift the bottom of the seat ( a$$ rest) up. So technically you'll be killing two birds with one stone you will have enough room for your subs AND have the seat fold down mod done,too.

BTW- there is a post about this on here somewhere that goes into great detail.

oh ok i thought thats wat he was talking about, good thing that im only planning on putting in two inch tubing in there so this way i wont have to mod the back brackets. so the seat will still work with these back brackets unmodded right??? they will still attach the back of the seat with out extending these too???

-Rob

• 3 weeks later...
oh ok i thought thats wat he was talking about, good thing that im only planning on putting in two inch tubing in there so this way i wont have to mod the back brackets. so the seat will still work with these back brackets unmodded right??? they will still attach the back of the seat with out extending these too???

-Rob

sorry...i read it wrong...i think you will have to extend them to but thats no big deal...

here:

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=35641

Edited by smoke03 (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

I did mine yesterday, I just used some big galvanized nuts that were an inch high, I barely got the stock bolts to screw back on to the studs, but it worked. When you take them off make sure you loosen the 18mm nut in the middle cause it holds those 2 metal cables on that keep the seat from lifting up when you unbolt the brackets. Ill post pics sometime this week if i can, I still havent test fitted to see if the box fits, i might have to make some 2" spacers. Would anyone be interested in buying some cause I can make them easy- I have a welder so I can weld in the new studs too- PM me