Yet Another Lsx Build Up

and yes, you have heads that flow over 335. thats alot higher then it has to be...that is my point. a stock L92 wont even come close to decent numbers. 630 crank hp and thats roughly 504 hp to the wheels....not to impressive from a 415 cubic inch motor. now if you said something like 560rwhp then yes it would be nice but to see 500 basically with heads that flow what???? 350cfm and you ahve 402 combos with heads that flow alot less making 540rwhp...

If you go by the 1.49hp per cubic inch 630fwhp is more than the 618fwhp a 415 should make. I realize that there are guys making well over 500 to the wheels with smaller setups, but there are a ton of factors that come into play as far as rwhp goes.

After doing the numbers, 630fwhp would calulate to 535rwhp at 15% drivetrain loss.

Edited by adams2003 (see edit history)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you go by the 1.49hp per cubic inch 630fwhp is more than the 618fwhp a 415 should make. I realize that there are guys making well over 500 to the wheels with smaller setups, but there are a ton of factors that come into play as far as rwhp goes.

After doing the numbers, 630fwhp would calulate to 535rwhp at 15% drivetrain loss.

i did 20% with being heavy autos. the numbers are pathetic for the size and CFM of the combo. but this debate has all the info its going to get. the poster will decide on what he wants to go with.

i did 20% with being heavy autos. the numbers are pathetic for the size and CFM of the combo. but this debate has all the info its going to get. the poster will decide on what he wants to go with.

A L92 454 should put out close to 700hp.....if you consider that pathetic im wondering what would be a decent number IYO?

A L92 454 should put out close to 700hp.....if you consider that pathetic im wondering what would be a decent number IYO?

where are you coming up with 454? thought he was building a 427

yes 700crank hp is nice but who is actually making that?

but then again theres a 454 lsx block making 930 hp NA hows thta sound? i also dont see any L92s making 700hp on a 454. if there is one find some links so i can see what they did

where are you coming up with 454? thought he was building a 427

yes 700crank hp is nice but who is actually making that?

but then again theres a 454 lsx block making 930 hp NA hows thta sound? i also dont see any L92s making 700hp on a 454. if there is one find some links so i can see what they did

yeah but isnt that a solid roller motor? i think he is referring to his motor which is a 454 hyd roller which should be right around 700 crank hp. but he would be lucky to put 550 to the wheels on an awd mustang dyno assuming 20-22 % drivetrain loss .

yeah but isnt that a solid roller motor? i think he is referring to his motor which is a 454 hyd roller which should be right around 700 crank hp. but he would be lucky to put 550 to the wheels on an awd mustang dyno assuming 20-22 % drivetrain loss .

dont claim numbers to they are produced. alot of L92 ppl learned that hte hard way. best of luck if he gets 700. but i wont be holding my breath, cause result might be ill turn blue inface before it even comes close

dont claim numbers to they are produced. alot of L92 ppl learned that hte hard way. best of luck if he gets 700. but i wont be holding my breath, cause result might be ill turn blue inface before it even comes close

he isnt using l92's though. i think with the compression it should be close. and like some people with the l92's he isnt going with a cam thats too big since the heads flow good numbers.

he isnt using l92's though. i think with the compression it should be close. and like some people with the l92's he isnt going with a cam thats too big since the heads flow good numbers.

says L92 454 unless hes referring to the L92 block

Adam's 7.4L is going to use LS7 heads and Ray's 7.0L is going to use L92's. Ray certainly isn't shooting for 700hp.

CORRECT-O-MUNDO!

Lots of homework involved before spending the .01cent on this build up.Looking for solid dependable NA numbers with great torque under the curve, flex fuel capability without BOOST!. :tumbleweed: 500+ hp should be obtianable without even pushing it.And then :ughdance:

:banghead: ZIPPY! DONT LOOK! :shakehead::shakehead::shakehead::confused:

:rollin::rollin::rollin:

Would like to install the 2300 TVS when it comes available.Then all bets are off! :driving:

.......the cams these guys are running are to damn big!!!

and yes, you have heads that flow over 335. thats alot higher then it has to be...that is my point. a stock L92 wont even come close to decent numbers. 630 crank hp and thats roughly 504 hp to the wheels....not to impressive from a 415 cubic inch motor. now if you said something like 560rwhp then yes it would be nice but to see 500 basically with heads that flow what???? 350cfm and you ahve 402 combos with heads that flow alot less making 540rwhp...

The way to make best use of a head like that is to keep the same hp goal and run less duration.

what defines a cam that is to big for your motor? How do you know how much lift to have when picking out a cam. And how does the cam duration relate to the cfm flow of the head. If a ported 317 head flows 330 and a l92 head flow 330 whats the difference? Is it just potential of porting the l92? are there any rules of thumb to know, or any calculators that say "your cam could pull this amount of cfm" so you know if your staving it or flooding it with a head flow. or how can you tell how much cfm your motor can pull based on compresion, CI, runner size, valve size? If i know a motor is pulling 670 cfm throught the MAF, can I use that to relate to cam size, runner size?

Trying to learn everything i can...thanks for any help

Brad

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

what defines a cam that is to big for your motor? How do you know how much lift to have when picking out a cam. And how does the cam duration relate to the cfm flow of the head. If a ported 317 head flows 330 and a l92 head flow 330 whats the difference? Is it just potential of porting the l92? are there any rules of thumb to know, or any calculators that say "your cam could pull this amount of cfm" so you know if your staving it or flooding it with a head flow. or how can you tell how much cfm your motor can pull based on compresion, CI, runner size, valve size? If i know a motor is pulling 670 cfm throught the MAF, can I use that to relate to cam size, runner size?

Trying to learn everything i can...thanks for any help

Brad

theres more to a head making power then how much it flows. how runners are shaped, how bowls are and etc. a ported L92 and a ported 317 that flows the same wont function the same

• 2 weeks later...