Tbtc On Blown Sss

Hey I've been trying to figure this out. I have searched quite a bit and found a lot of topics on this, but can't make up my mind still. I have a Radix'd 05 SSS and I want to build up my tranny this winter. When I bought my truck I had gotten all the tranny parts I will probably need (all listed in my sig.). But i am unsure if I should install a TBTC that came with the truck too. Some guys comment that it ain't bad, but some don't like it too much. Could someone please give me the real deal if it's worth installing. Thanks in advance.

i'm not so sure how long it would last behind all that power you got, but i can't say enough about the tbtc with my setup. the thing flashes to 27-28 hundred for me. it was a huge improvement over the stock verter for sure. i love it.

TBTC works great with Radix albeit the torque converter clutch is a little weenie; if you purchased a better converter it would be about the same stall speed (2600-2800) but with a high-capacity lockup clutch so you could take advantage of that at the track. But the TBTC will 60' about as well.

And get rid of the kevlar band, it's too hard and will take forever to finally seat-in; I recommend the Alto wide red band :thumbs: Remember to get a new drum with the new band regardless of the one you decide to run.

Mr. P.

• 2 weeks later...

I have had my TBTC for 2 years behind the radix. On my last trans rebuild (output shaft broke) I have the converter cut open to check it out. Everything was well. I sometimes tow a 5000lb car trailer an it didn't hurt anything. I also recommend you add a billet output shaft to your list.