? About Gas

BlackSS04

definately use premium. but after some tuning with justin i think it goes even further than that. i had previously been a "neighborhood" gas station buyer and at one point during a tuning session i needed to get gas. we quikly discussed the who/why/where and i bought some chevron 91. almost immediatly he noticed a huge difference in my fuel trims as compared to the other gas i had previously used.

so now i only use chevron or 76. food for thought.

alright, i'll start running premium from now on. i don't think i f**ked anything up by using unleaded for a while. or at least i hope i didn't. the truck still runs strong as hell with unleaded in it.

you mean regular 87 not unleaded....... after one full tank it should switch over to the high octane table :thumbs:

you mean regular 87 not unleaded....... after one full tank it should switch over to the high octane table :thumbs:

yea, i meant 87. its good to hear that it will switch to the higher octane table that quick. hell ya. maybe i'll get some more horses out of it too.

yea, i meant 87. its good to hear that it will switch to the higher octane table that quick. hell ya. maybe i'll get some more horses out of it too.

you should. performance motors don't like anything less. sucks that we have to pay for premium, but that's the price to pay to have something that can blow the doors off the next guy.

You will....I only put regular once, at it was by accident (they had they had only one pump used to three.) I put ten gallons and then mixed the other 12 with premium, the truck was noticebally sluggish. That being said, the dealer I bought it from only put regular :fume: When I got the truck out of the "courtesy" fill up it moved like a turtle and lurched all over the place.