Nelson Harnes Causing Problems?

Here is a thought I just had...could one of the relays on my fan harness be sticking or backfeeding power thru the PCM with the key off? I mean if the relay is bad then it could/would feed power back thru the IGN 1 relay via the AC compressor wire to the TAC module via the ETC fuse and cause the TAC to power up before it runs thru the self tests. I may have caused water intrusion into the relays when I hosed the engine off. I'm gonna replace the relays or at least remove them to try my theory out. I really hope this is the cause cause I'm going nuts, and if it is hopefully it helps someone else out. Later

Dave

Edited by Bowtie70SS (see edit history)

Your problem could also be a bad, or missing ground. My 94 chevy was involved in an accident (thanks brother) and when the job repaired the front end, they forgot to reinstall a ground causing all sorts of accessories to ground trough the turn signal lever. Which caused all kinds of accessories to turn on (windshield wipers, lights, horn) when ever I tried to use the turn signals.

Success!! After pouring ove the pics of the ground routing and checking each one, I found the ground that comes out of the transmission harness where it runs off of the back of the engine was unhooked. Apparently I missed it or something and my problem was intermittant because occasionally it would make contact. I lightly sanded the contact and bolted it to the back of the pass cylinder head. No more problems!!(So far) I really hope this helps someone some day, and eventhough you may get frustrated just step back and go over everything one more time. Later

Dave