L 92 Heads

HELLO GUYS,

I HAVE A 2003 SILVERADO SS THAT I HAVEINSTALLED A MAGAN SUPERCHARGER. I WOULD LIKE TO UP GRADE MY HEADS WITH A SET OFF GM's L-92's. HAVE ANY ONE OF YOU GUYS MADE THIS MOVE YET?? IF SO WHAT OTHER MODS DID YOU DO AND WHAT KIND OF HP AND QT CAME FROM THIS MOD?? I AM LOOKING TO UPGRADE THE CAM ALSO, SOMETHING IN THE ORDER OF ( 222/226) 566/569 114 .

THANKS

WILSON :confused:

If you've got the Radix on your stock heads then L92s are out of the question for you, as the Radix won't bolt up to them. You'd need the Radix that's built to fit on the L92 heads. But yes it's very do-able to swap the heads (provided you have the right Radix or intake for them). I believe L92s with the L76 truck intake will yield you something like 50hp... There's a couple threads kicking around you should be able find.

If you've got the Radix on your stock heads then L92s are out of the question for you, as the Radix won't bolt up to them. You'd need the Radix that's built to fit on the L92 heads.

I have been wondering about this myself. I have thought about buying the L92's when I buy my supercharger. If I bought the kit to fit the L92 heads though, all the rest of the kit would be wrong.

Mike

L92's under an older 112 magnacharged 6.0 liter??? Lets think about this a little......Yep its doable in the future that is...currently magnasun is working the bugs out of the l92 intake as this post is coming alive.

I don't think it would be advantagous to remove a current 112 maggie equipped 6.0 sell of the intake,purchase a new (soon to be released)l92 intake,l92 heads and then install and expect spectacular gains from all the hard earned revenues spent.For starters the l92's flow great right out of the box so much that you probably would loose a fair amount of boost hence negating the actual build up.Now if you upgraded to the 122hh,or tvs 1900,or even the ever exiting tvs 2300,those should see more of a return in the investment of the l92's.I am pretty sure you will be able to purchase tuner kits or have them made up for you once these new products come on line.the basics are the same,just some of the small stuff will need to be researched.

Just my thoughts guy's

but you should know the limits of the 112 have been reached for the most part. there are plenty of people who have done many trick to get every .01th out of their radix....408 w/radix...so know your goals/et's you are shooting for

Yes, you can build an L92 for a prochrager. Frank at REvraceworks, a member who does frequent around here much anymore, is building an L92 motor with the L92 truck intake and a procharger. I dont know if he did a 408 forged or 370 forged motor though. As long as you use the truck intake, it will bolt right up. Custom tuning obviously though.

• 4 weeks later...
He's better off doing a cam swap anyways...costs less and will yield more power than heads. Lingenfelter GT2-3 cam is mild to the thunder racing blower cam that is fairly wild. Choose your poison.

Thanks Black2003SS,

Thats the same truck that I have. Even one that replyed to my note was right. (But The First Guy). The heads will not work with my supercharger. So I will go with the Cam. When are you going to install your cam? I'm looking for a races sound. :D:ughdance:

03AWDST