? About Going To Stealership

BlackSS04

Besides, here in MA they couldn't void your entire warranty for something like a tune. They could void all the warranty work on your drivetrain and all the electronics for having it be non-stock and "altered", but they'd still be liable for the bodywork.

Nope ... Mass still has to cover you for after-market parts, as long as it does not make the engine operate outside of it's normal operatating parameters. So as long as your not red lighting as 7k ... then don't worry about it.

Also all the crap about Remote starters ... and GM says that having one voids the warranty, it's BS. Mass passed legislation back in 1996 ??? (I think) that says they must sill cover you.

Nope ... Mass still has to cover you for after-market parts, as long as it does not make the engine operate outside of it's normal operatating parameters. So as long as your not red lighting as 7k ... then don't worry about it.

Also all the crap about Remote starters ... and GM says that having one voids the warranty, it's BS. Mass passed legislation back in 1996 ??? (I think) that says they must sill cover you.

Correct Stiches040,

An automobile manufacturer can not void your warranty because you have aftermarket parts UNLESS, the can prove that the aftermarket part caused the failure of your vehicle, and the reason for the claim. At our dealership, we do not magically log on to the computer and "void" someone's warranty because I see a CAI or headers on the vehicle. Here is a letter from the President of K&N which lays this out in great detail (Letter does apply to all other aftermarket parts)

http://www.knfilters.com/warrantyletter.htm