? About Going To Stealership

BlackSS04

i am going to the stealership on wed. to get my new drivers side cladding put on and i will need to leave it there for a couple hours for them to install it. do you think i should take out my tune and put the stocker back in? if they notice the hard shift & faster acceleration off the line, can they do a quick pcm check to make sure its stock? i want to be completely sure because it would blow if i got my warrenty voided because i was to lazy to take out my tune.

I've had mine in for a burnt out DRL socket and just the other day for replacement of the intermediate shaft and they didn't check anything else. I can't see them doing a check of your electronics when it's in for body work, also at my dealership, the cladding would be done in their body shop, not in the service dept. My pcm still has PCMFORLESS's sticker on it too.

From what I understand they can't actually tell if it's been tuned or not unless the PCM is locked (as some tuners will do). They can make an assumption if they know how it's supposed to drive and it doesn't feel stock, but I don't believe they can plug in the Tech2 and have it say "TUNED!!!" or anything like that...

Besides, here in MA they couldn't void your entire warranty for something like a tune. They could void all the warranty work on your drivetrain and all the electronics for having it be non-stock and "altered", but they'd still be liable for the bodywork. I don't know how it goes in FL...

I'd say just leave it in, they most likely will not even notice it.

you will be fine.....thats the thing.... i work at a dealership (not a chevy dealer) but i know how warranty works.....you can get warranty on anything pretty much aslong as the date and mileage are under the limit....its all about HOW the warranty guy words things.....depending on if they want to be ANAL or just let some stuff slide....the reason the dealer dont let alot of stuff "slide" is because warranty doesnt pay jack SH*T (any mechanic on this forum knows what i mean) and whatever else warranty dont pay the dealer...the dealer eats.....

Why do you even ask? It is a 5 minute job to make sure nothing happens. Just change it.

i have a 160* t-stat tho.....i hear it will run like shit if the pcm is not tuned for the colder thermo stat.......t-stat swap is longer than 5 minutes + a big pain in the ass with the mess.....

i have a 160* t-stat tho.....i hear it will run like shit if the pcm is not tuned for the colder thermo stat.......t-stat swap is longer than 5 minutes + a big pain in the ass with the mess.....

It will run alittle bit rich because the stock PCM will not think the truck is up to temp. It is no big deal. I have a 160 stat to and change out my PCM when ever I go to the garage. You don't want to dump a $400.00 tune right?

so two say put it in and the rest say leave it. the majority has spoken and it looks like i'm leaving the tune in. i don't see them freaking out and scaning the pcm if they sense somethings wrong, at least i hope they won't. anyone else with opinions?

shakesvho brings up a good point about "if" there is an update they "might" reflash it. ive had that happen on another vehicle. Sort of hit and miss though. For the 5 minutes it takes i'd take it out. Thats why you have the spare still pcm right?

You should not have a problem. We (dealers) won't flash your vehicle for no reason. The only time a computer is hooked up to a vehicle really is to do an update recall or if the vehicle throws a code.

Edited by KissMySilvSS (see edit history)