Welcome To The Events Forum- Please Read Me!

Mervz

• Admin

Welcome to the SilveradoSS.com events forum. Over the past few years we've had over a dozen gatherings take place between members of the site. If you've never taken a day to hang out with other SS folk- you're truly missing out on the most engaging aspect of socializing on SilveradoSS.com

In order to keep this trend going- Josh and I want to ensure that your ability to plan- organize- and execute an event is as easy as possible. For now, a few short guidelines to get us started. In the near future, better access to the forum calender, a more integrated member map, regional events coordinators and eventually regional forums (if needed) will help out. We are actively working on all of these features so look for them in weeks- not months.

As always- if you have any questions, suggestions, or comments- Josh(sk_josh) and I would love to hear from you. Our PM boxes are always open.

On with the guidelines...

I would like to plan a gathering- what should I do?

First... kick ass. How you go about it is really up to you, but here's the steps that most use with much success.

1. Come up with an idea for an event/gathering. It's always best to choose something that is defined as opposed to general. For example, "lets go to the dragstrip" would work better than "who wants to hang out?"

2. Start a thread giving a general idea of what you're proposing. Make sure to include location(s), possible dates or month, and to include reasons why your event is something others would have fun attending. Remember- if you come up with the idea, expect to be the person who ultimately makes the decisions and does the leg-work. Once a time/place/date is set and you know enough people are interested to make the meet viable move on to step 3.

3. List your event in the SilveradoSS.com Calender. This is an easy way for people to learn about your plans.

4. Start a new thread with the final details. At this point- feel free to let a moderator know that the previous thread should be closed. Starting a new thread helps everyone stay up on the details without having to wade through pages of old planning and comments. Also start creating an "attendance" list that is reposted/updated as the thread progresses. Make sure to include phone numbers of important event organizers and ways people can stay informed the day of the meet without being online.

5. Have a blast. When the day for your event arrives- make sure everyone who is coming is totally informed on the days plans.

Is there a site banner we could borrow?

YES- There is a SilveradoSS.com banner that has been passed around for the past few years. We've been gathering signatures on it and it's traveled coast to coast already. We're more than happy to loan out a banner to anyone who has an event planned. We do ask that you give us a heads up as soon as possible. All we ask is that it gets signed, a group photo is taken with it for posterity, and we get the banner back as soon as possible. Not returning a banner is grounds for much more than a banning. :M16:

gallery_1_7_87724.jpg

PM Mervz or sk_josh with a link to your event thread, the address/contact/phone number for the banner to be sent to, and the dates when you will need it.

My event is going to be huge! I've seen other events have their own sub-forum. Can I get one too?

Sure! We can't make them all the time- but if a meet is being planned over multiple days or is expected to have over 25 attendees, we would be happy to create a sub-forum to keep your event topics in order. PM Mervz or sk_josh to request a dedicated forum sub-section.

What is a regional coordinator? I'm interested and would like to become one.

We've been floating the idea of regional coordinators for a while. We're finally in a place where we can dedicate the time to organizing and supporting those positions. At the moment- we're accepting applications from anyone who thinks they could do a great job.

We just ask you PM either myself or Josh with the following details if you would like to be considered:

- Your name

- Where you live and what area you would feel comfortable being the lead in (usually your state and neighboring)

- A way to get in contact with you outside the forum (email and phone are nice)

- A short reason why you think you're qualified to be a regional coordinator, any events you've organized or helped with previously, and a quick idea on an event that you'd like to plan in your area.

Last Updated September 26th, 2007

• 7 years later...

Anybody organizing anything near the upstate of SC??? I bought my '03 SSS in October 2014 as a birthday gift to myself. (yes I splurged) I love the truck. I would like to me other owners. Let me know. Thanks , Tim Wilson